Tiger Shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Morpheus:
no whats bad is that one someone is attacked by a shark,they hunt the skark down and kill it, or an alligator,the kill it or a lion,they kill the lion....now THATS wrong!!!

They usually kill these animals because they are behaving outside of their normal behavior pattern by attacking people. I think the theory is that there is something more wrong with the animal and this is a safe move. A recent lion that had to be shot after killing a few kids was found to have multiple gun shot wounds. The lion was too weak to hunt as normal so he was going after easier to catch but more dangerous prey. Some loser shot him a few times and failed to kill him but really would you leave him in your own back yard. Yes it was not the lions fault but be realistic it wasn't the kids fault either.

ScubaNorth:
They usually kill these animals because they are behaving outside of their normal behavior pattern by attacking people. I think the theory is that there is something more wrong with the animal and this is a safe move. A recent lion that had to be shot after killing a few kids was found to have multiple gun shot wounds. The lion was too weak to hunt as normal so he was going after easier to catch but more dangerous prey. Some loser shot him a few times and failed to kill him but really would you leave him in your own back yard. Yes it was not the lions fault but be realistic it wasn't the kids fault either.
recently there was a jack***** in Florida that decided to take a swim in a pond that had multiple signs that said "watch out of alligators" he god attacked and low and behold they killed the alligator. I understand that animals that are wacked or rabid should be put down,but its those that are killed because people are stupid that pi$$ me off!!!

It was just on Headline News. Unfortunately the boat missed the deadline by six minutes so it didn't count.

Is there is difference between killing animals that live on land or in the water?

The comment was made "ill do you one better: fashion." Meaning, I assume, that killing for clothes is a bad Idea. Although the practice of clothing ourselves in dead animals dates back before we could write or communicate.

Hmmm, I have a lot of leather shoes, boots, Jackets and Turtle guitar picks and just last week I ate a great turtle steak with a nice Cajun turtle soup in Grand Cayman.

Where do we draw the line?

I say we draw it when the killing is in excess and endangers the species but then thats a relitive and very grey line. The turtles I ate were farmed and actually contribute to the overall population of an otherwise endangered species.

This is one of those topics like abortion, Religion and politics. Yuck!

Morpheus:
recently there was a jack***** in Florida that decided to take a swim in a pond that had multiple signs that said "watch out of alligators" he god attacked and low and behold they killed the alligator. I understand that animals that are wacked or rabid should be put down,but its those that are killed because people are stupid that pi$$ me off!!!

Darwin's theory did not allow for the fact that the human race has the ability to display stupidity of great proportions. I've seen Gators in action out in Bama and they are awsome creatures. Saw one eat a duck in one bite, there were no signs at the pond they were in but I figured it out all by myself that swimming with them was a bad idea.

Peace

ScubaNorth:
Darwin's theory did not allow for the fact that the human race has the ability to display stupidity of great proportions. I've seen Gators in action out in Bama and they are awsome creatures. Saw one eat a duck in one bite, there were no signs at the pond they were in but I figured it out all by myself that swimming with them was a bad idea.

Peace

It just seems like the minute someone is attaked by anything,we kill the creature. if someone is attacked by a shark they send out 10000 boats to kill every shark in the area.

I wouldn't exactly call him a jack anything. This happened in Pt. Charlotte (across Charlotte harbor from me). He had been swimming there for years, and the alligator was new to the area (the locals reported seeing it only in the last week). I don't recall seeing any signs there, either.

If you want to call someone names, call all the snowbirds that FEED the alligators and make them unafraid of humans. This animal was not wacked or rabid. It learned to associate humans with being fed.

Now, the last shark bite (in Boca Grande Pass, the 19 year old Austrian) WAS the guys fault, and he was lucky at that. When I first heard about this, I thought it was up the island from the pass, but he was almost in it. It's not a good idea to swim a couple of hundred yards from a tarpon fishing tournament that the winner is usually the one that actually lands a whole tarpon (the rest get eaten by the LARGE bulls and hammerheads). Not to mention the ripping currents along that area. My cousin is fishing in that tournament, and reported seeing very large hammerheads feeding there at the time. Also, the water that day was so murky, he didn't even see what bit him. Like I say, he was lucky. I've dove that pass, but you couldn't get me in there for anything during the summer.

Morpheus:

Holy CRAP.....look at the guy next to the shark...that gives you a pretty good reference for how big that thing is.... WOW!

It could easily just open up its mouth and in you go...no biting necessary....WOW again!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom