Tiger Shark Sighting on Baby Barge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
That is worthy of a post, yes?

That's my backyard, so I care!

My friend Todd was spearing there last night and said a ten -12 footer showed up interested in his catch. He said it made for an "interesting encounter". Since he is a man of few words, I will have to pry more details.

We are going to Waimanolo next week, the Hawaiian who makes "backpack cams" is selling us a couple. If interested in these old school rigs, pm me. I think they are 75 dollars or so...not sure.

What are backpack cams?

Leesa, I only went with those guys at night once. They are "more solo" than me! There is solo, our style of wandering too far and there is solo with fish guts in the dark.--no thanks.

Hawaiian cams are these things you wear instead of a BC....metal one hook over shoulder so they can crawl in for lobsters and leave the tank behind. Think half freedive, half scube.
Leesa, his daughter (Maddie) tells me he used to get stuff in National Geo back in the day...we need to get him to talk story and evidently he has a stash of old Nikonis (?) lenses.

catherine96821:
Leesa, I only went with those guys at night once. They are "more solo" than me! There is solo, our style of wandering too far and there is solo with fish guts in the dark.--no thanks.

Hawaiian cams are these things you wear instead of a BC....metal one hook over shoulder so they can crawl in for lobsters and leave the tank behind. Think half freedive, half scube.
Leesa, his daughter (Maddie) tells me he used to get stuff in National Geo back in the day...we need to get him to talk story and evidently he has a stash of old Nikonis (?) lenses.

Thanks, I think I'll pass. I like my tank where it is, on my back!

I think some call them Hawaiian slings too.

oh, yea. I tell you, it does not take them long to gear up.

Does it look like this?

21540PC080001.JPG

Thats not a tiger shark! Silly girl....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom