Thumbing the dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That long?

Well, people had not had their :coffee: yet on this side of the world so they were still "Warming up" :D.

That long?

Well how long has it been since anyone had a go on Spare Air??:popcorn:

I wonder why they did not use an "OK" with is also rather universally recognized and is rarely confused with, "come here a-hole"?

OK sign is also not without risks outside the US.

My guess is they are also choosing photos from available stock photography as well, where you save money, but have to "play the hand you're dealt" so to speak.

... so where'd the picture go?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Why are all these people thumbing the dive before they even get wet?

ai.php

Because they didn't take a class from an instructor with this dive training agency:

naui-logo.gif

:D

They are giving the "Thumbs Up" signal because it is a widely recognized gesture of approval in most parts of the sane world.

It is the annular Scuba "Okay" gesture which is in fact a problem, since it is intuitively and most evidently a zero, and in some Northern European countries is understood to be comparing someone with a universally distained anatomical feature.

Google Image Result for http://www.languagetrainers.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/thumbsup_arniesmall.jpg

Why are all these people thumbing the dive before they even get wet?
Maybe times are a-changing. I saw the same image (the smiling foursome, no SDD banner) heading up a California dive shop's Master Diver program page.

-Bryan

PS. I can't believe no one responded to the OP's question with "Hey, never question a team member who thumbs the dive!"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom