Thumbing the dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is no confusion as to what a smile means.
I beg to differ:

2349202525_875fb31866.jpg
evil-smile.jpg

I dunno, regardless of the circumstances, a smile indicates you are pleased with the situation. It just might not reflect others' outlook on the same set of circumstances. But to me, I can tell that both of those people are happy.

However, in the animal kingdom, the baring of teeth implies threat :D

And animals baring their teeth is a good reason to thumb a dive - see how it all works out in the end?

:eyebrow:

I nominate for a Chevy Nova Award.

FYI - the whole "Chevy Nova = 'no va' = no go" is a complete BS myth. Never happened as written. Point of fact, the car was launched as Chevy Nova in Spanish speaking countries and did very well. How can that be? Simple... the word "Nova" means the same thing in Spanish as it does in English.

Expecting that someone who speaks Spanish would see the word Nova and not buy the car because they assumed it meant "doesn't go" is a akin to expecting a speaker of English would not purchase a set of living room furniture under the brand name Notable because they assumed that it only came with seating. (ie "no table")

But, like advertising itself... "never let facts get in the way of a compelling story."

:eyebrow:

Similarly - how many people who bashed the oily bikini ads bought a KISS rebreather? I'm guessing ZERO, but it could be lower than that.
Well, I am sure it was a bit more positive than you are being right now. :D Sorry to have stepped onto your turf: I'll leave now.

I suppose this has been addressed before, but the thing that bothers me is the PADI logo with the red swimming scuba diver holding a flaming torch. What can this possibly signify?

The idea came from the picture of Jacque Cousteau from the cover of his book, changed up, stylized and put inside the globe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom