Thoughts on possible BP/W setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with the 40#, no problem, I thought 30# may have implied above. As for the cam band slots here is the description from Scubatoys web site:

"The Mach V Signature Wing is the new wing from OxyCheq - the most streamlined wing in it's class on the market. This has been achieved by eliminating the cam strap slots which allow the wing to be only 33cm wide when fully inflated."

I'm not trying to stress anyone, just trying to understand because I am trailing behind you making some of the same decisions and asking the same questions. From the above decription I just assumed there would be a need for an STA bolted through the wing holes.

I too am looking forward to a clarification from someone more experienced....

crap. rereading the details i see that scubatoys says it doesnt have the slots, but the oxycheq website says no sta's are required, so now i'm confused again... how would a cam strap attach otherwise? i'll let you know when i get it...

Mach V Signature wings does has the slots. It just that the gap for the slots are sew very close to achieve the narrow profile.

That is reassuring since there are no pictures to show the details. So, for those that have used these wings are you happy with the tank stability or are you using an STA?

JFYI, the scubatoys web page is incorrect or out of date, the new Oxy Mach V wing I have is a Signature Series and it does have camband slots.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom