This may be real dumb but gotta ask.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Is there a recommended length for the bungie on the octo necklace? :huh: Or is it whatever is works for you? I mean too low and it would be swinging around too much:11: . Too short and it would be a pain getting off and on:( .

JimLap:
Is there a recommended length for the bungie on the octo necklace? :huh: Or is it whatever is works for you? I mean too low and it would be swinging around too much:11: . Too short and it would be a pain getting off and on:( .

Proper length bungie will allow you to tuck your chin to your chest and grab the backup reg using only your mouth, no hands necessary. It will also be snug enough to hold the reg in place in your mouth when the bungie is around the back of your head rather than your neck. This is useful in the event of an unconcious/unresponsive diver rescue so you dont have to hold the reg in place.

While keeping functionally short, remember that it needs to be long enough to go over your head on the way to the chin. :)

Just don't make it so short that you're struggling to put it on in the first place.

Ralph

Personal preference and comfort will dictate the length of the necklace. I store my line arrows and cookies on my necklace for cave diving, without the arrows and cookies the necklace is a bit too long, so I have a shorter one for dives without those. My necklace is tied in such a way as to be easily removable so swapping it is not a problem.

Mark Vlahos

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom