Things your dive buddies do that get on your nerves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I once had to dive with a guy whose computer beeped incessantly for the duration of the dive. I have no idea have no idea why. I don't want to know why. All I know is by the end of that dive I was ready to kill or die to make it stop. The only thing that made it worse was that my every attempt to bring his attention the infernal device was met with a blank stare that really just made me want to do horrible, unspeakable things to him.

To this day if I hear a computer beep I will be sent momentarily into a blind fit of rage.

PET PEEVES:

Photographers who thrash the reef with their fins while they take pictures.

Photographers who shove me out of the way while I am taking photos of something that I found.

Photographers who have to lie down on the reef to take their photos.

Photographers who have to grab the reef to take their photos.

Divers who no situation awareness and spend the dive swimming into my space and kicking me in the face.

Dive buddies who don't take diving seriously.

I once had to dive with a guy whose computer beeped incessantly for the duration of the dive. I have no idea have no idea why. I don't want to know why. All I know is by the end of that dive I was ready to kill or die to make it stop. The only thing that made it worse was that my every attempt to bring his attention the infernal device was met with a blank stare that really just made me want to do horrible, unspeakable things to him.

To this day if I hear a computer beep I will be sent momentarily into a blind fit of rage.

:rofl3:
I've had my computer do that a few times. I had it in Nitrox mode & I forgot to set the O2%. My computer automatically defaults to 50% O2 if I don't set it before starting the dive (Oops:D) & beeps saying the PO2 is too high. While I manually figure & make sure of my TOD & MOD, I just forgot to set the computer.

Instructors who submerge their students into a group of divers doing their safety stop. There's only 6 of us here, maybe you noticed the bubbles? Hopefully your flailing students haven't dislodged by buddies mask & reg as they plunge to the bottom and begin silting out the vis - I can no longer see them and I'm being kicked in the head. (Oh, I guess that's not an annoying dive buddy habit.)

Flailing with the arms.

Silting out the vis.

Being kicked in the head.

Not being able to sleep...

2) standing on the bottom- this really kills my kharma. I'm usually cruising along, enjoying the weightless underwater world, and when I see people standing on the bottom, it's like they are slapping me in the face and waking me up from the diving dream.
lol yea, me too. Some people were walking on the wreck the other day and climbing a ladder....ugh.

Dive buddies who don't take diving seriously.

I would like to apologize for that. I have a very hard time being serious, it does annoy others. I don't know what is wrong with me.

dive buddies who use their tank bangers non stop through an entire dive...

and worse of all, they always end up pointing out the most uninteresting subjects...

and worse of all, they always end up pointing out the most uninteresting subjects...

When you get back on the boat, have them put the elastic band around their head, and then reach over and use it. "THOCK!!" :eyebrow:

I always see threads about this but I can be 6 feet away from anyone of my buddies and use my tank banger, rattle, knife on tank etc. and not even get so much as a look???????????? But when I scream through my regulator my kids seem to be able to recite verbatim to anyone interested what daddy said underwater!:D

Shoots my fish before I have a chance to squeeze the trigger. It is even worse when you have stolking they fish for 5 minutes and about to make the shoot and you see your buddy take a shoot from the counter of your eye and then end up missing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom