Things your dive buddies do that get on your nerves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hate it when my buddy drops like a rock to the bottom- I mean, if there's a reason like strong current or whatever fine, but if there's no reason, why the rush? If it's 15 feet, fine, but 40? I had an instabuddy in Tobermory that did that without telling me and I couldn't find him for a bit. Along with other rude diving habits (like him insisting he could navigate back to the boat and forcing me to chase him in circles for 10 minutes while my air supply dwindled on one dive and me having to chase him down to tell him I was calling the dive due to cold on another- ever hear of checking on your buddy once in a while? Whoops- parenthetic rant).

...long-time divers who *snip* act like morons!

Hey babe, that's kinda personal! :D

My next biggest is probably buddies who don't talk about the dive. If something I did bothered you or something you did bothered me, we should have a chat. Period.

Uh, about that. This may not be easy for you to hear. I've been meaning to say something about your ScubUNO technique...:rofl3:

...(like him insisting he could navigate back to the boat and forcing me to chase him in circles for 10 minutes while my air supply dwindled on one dive and me having to chase him down to tell him I was calling the dive due to cold on another- ever hear of checking on your buddy once in a while? Whoops- parenthetic rant).

Still owe you for that. :10: Seriously, my buddy and I knew she was cold and wanted to thumb the dive before her buddy did.

No, Steve, this is not permission for you to mouth off :)

Hey, bait me and then this? I feel so used... :blinking:

I got use to a dive buddy that always followed me. I regularly looked back to check if buddy was there. .......Until buddy started bringing solemate the camera. Not behind me as usual. I had to search for buddy instead of enjoying the dive.

Keeps telling me what to do and not to forget to take out the trash.. OPPS, thats my wife!!: SORRY :)

See my post about chaining em to the bottom.:D

seems a little intense....you could try what i did....put them up for sale in the gear/equipment classifieds...although a mod moved it...cant imagine why he thought I was kidding....

Trucker Girl, my comment about the new diver forum was made tongue-in-cheek -- even though I think it would be a great read for most new(er) divers. It could have value to them, as it did me.

But I will also try to be more clear about my cheeky comments. Well, I can't PROMISE to try, but I will TRY and promise to try.

:wink:

Well you have three options ... stop diving with him or let him lead you follow or make him stay right beside you ... just keep grabbing his arm and pull him next to you. He might even take the hint!

My biggest peeve is the "Self appointed assistant Divemaster." I was diving a few months ago and one diver (who was very experienced) decided she was the assistant divemaster. She was always giving me the "buddy up" signal, the "level off" signal and pretty much any other signal she could think of.

I finally just ignored her enough until she quit bothering.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom