"The Wetter The Better" save lionfish from death

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Throw Oprah in the mix and I think we have this lionfish problem licked.

She could pass out coupons for two free grilled lionfish. :popcorn:

Onespeed, thanks that explains, it's strange that they're spreading fast in atlantic not in pacific or the gulf?? That's pretty interesting to me. Who know it will happen in the Gulf?

Clicked thanks for you onespeed :)

Just got a FAXATION!!

Lionfish females wants to alert all men diver not to kill! They will grow and pamper you guys underwater! Here's a picture example~~ Don't drool guys. :eyebrow:

Lionfish.jpg

Just kidding :

Onespeed, thanks that explains, it's strange that they're spreading fast in atlantic not in pacific or the gulf?? That's pretty interesting to me. Who know it will happen in the Gulf?

Clicked thanks for you onespeed :)

Most likely it has to do with the indigenous vs. invasive aspect.

In an area that they are indigenous to, they are part of the natural balance and food chain and likely have more natural predators.

In an area they have invaded, they upset the natural balance and they have a more explosive growth due to abundant food and little predation.

Hello Lionfish Haters...

I am on my way to Cozumel in less than 12 hours (I know...don't envy me too much). I will be on the lookout for Lionfish in Cozumel armed with chopsticks, snorkel and whatever else I can use to tame the wiley beast. Wish me luck, gang. Hold down the home front.
I will have my laptop with me for up to the minute reporting.

Over and out,
Mary

Hello Lionfish Haters...

I am on my way to Cozumel in less than 12 hours (I know...don't envy me too much). I will be on the lookout for Lionfish in Cozumel armed with chopsticks, snorkel and whatever else I can use to tame the wiley beast. Wish me luck, gang. Hold down the home front.
I will have my laptop with me for up to the minute reporting.

Over and out,
Mary

Safe Travels!

Most likely it has to do with the indigenous vs. invasive aspect.

In an area that they are indigenous to, they are part of the natural balance and food chain and likely have more natural predators.

In an area they have invaded, they upset the natural balance and they have a more explosive growth due to abundant food and little predation.

IS that like busing kids from one neighborhood to another to go to school??

IS that like busing kids from one neighborhood to another to go to school??

Close, but not quite. It's more like a bunch of kids sneaking aboard the bus and going to another neighborhood to vandalize the school.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom