"The Wetter The Better" save lionfish from death

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was told these things are VERY fast, very difficult to kill, and after they escape they avoid divers. REEF has study data; opine all you want, you're still wrong. This is why REEF came up w/ the bag system to catch them. Also, since lionfish learn to avoid divers, after all the no-aim-but-take-my-speargun-anyway-to-compensate-for-my-teenie-weenie guys give up failing to kill them, it will be more difficult for the people who actually know what they're doing to eradicate the species. But, hey, thanks for playing.

These guys clearly have superhuman powers....

l6e9h7

The following will probably lie:

Onespeed
Letterboy
Mike_S
ScubaSteve

The ones from the board that I've actually dove with (females listed first to prove I'm a safe, gentlemanly type):

Bamamedic
Denisegg
TecXX
DiveChaplain-Sara
Lives4Sharks
Jhayes75
Mwhities
Bigken462
ScubdocER
BrockBr
Corallinedream
Kevua
Hetland
Mrxray

Docc is indeed the safe, gentlemanly type...(and I can assure y'all I'm not being bribed :D)

He even carried my doubles once! :blinking:

Looks to be a big party with folks from the gulf coast states. Hmmmmmmm. And likely with LIONFISH on the
BAR-BEE.

Vortoberfest is one of those events everyone talks about for months after. I've yet to go but they seem to have a ton of fun. :)

LIONFISH

These guys clearly have superhuman powers....

l6e9h7
You know they really do look like cockroaches. Yuck!

Just got off the phone with my sister. She helped catch a LION FISH in Key Largo last week. They used two snorkles and a plastic bag to conjole him into their lair. She was the one who spotted it and surfaced...told fellow divers, who happen to be Marine Biologists (I know what are the odds) and they got all excited! Went down and captured it...ALIVE. Probably to be asphixiated later at their convenience.

Did yall just compare me to DD........Donald Duck?:shocked2:

Lionfish

:lotsalove: No, I think that was Daffy Duck.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom