"The Wetter The Better" save lionfish from death

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure what the HIGHLY TECHIE means.....Just the underwater camera. I wouldn't want to miss any of the beautiful Bonaire reef life that I've heard so much about. It uses 8 gig SD cards instead of film. I will give you the right to delete any photos you deem inappropriate:shocked2: or unflattering:shakehead:.

Lionfish.
Remember, You told me it was Techies doing Highly Techie things. I didn't mean to imply you were filming in a highly techie manner. (see, this is where meaning in a post can go wrong so quickly)

Tell me more about the October trip!!!:) Or do you already have a full dance card for that?:eyebrow:

Remember, You told me it was Techies doing Highly Techie things. I didn't mean to imply you were filming in a highly techie manner. (see, this is where meaning in a post can go wrong so quickly)

Tell me more about the October trip!!!:) Or do you already have a full dance card for that?:eyebrow:

Lionfish!!!!

Fixed it for you.:wink:

Ohhh. I consider anything in a bp/w or doubles to be tech. The October trip is a ScubaBoard gathering at Vortex Springs, Florida. Lots of diving at Vortex and the surrounding area along with lots of social interaction and great food, including grilled lionfish. More info on that is here:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/tr...-deep-dixie/257451-vortoberfest-v-2009-a.html

You should have told me.......I'm headed to Sint Maarten and Saba. I'm hitting Coz in July after my youngest daughter is certified. Wanna go to Bonaire in November?

:rofl3::rofl3:
You truly are a Rogue and a Gentleman. It is settled then.

What were those Bonaire dates again?

:cupid: :love4:

Rogue and a Gentleman... That sounds just Dandy!

By Michelle Kosinski, NBC News correspondent

A few weeks ago, on a flight over the Pacific, I was surprised to be handed a menu-- with a gleaming photo of a lionfish on the cover. It wasn't actually ON the menu that night, but it reminded us that the formidable fish with the mane of poisonous spines and a seemingly boundless appetite of its own, is actually a food item on the other side of the world, and decidedly NOT an environmental menace.

Over here in the Atlantic, not so much.

Full article can be read here: The lionfish - The Daily Nightly - msnbc.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom