The weekend weather will be delightful

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepstops

Blacklight Poster
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
The best January in years folks, get out there and go diving!! :wink:

SATURDAY SOUTH WINDS 6 TO 9 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET. DOMINANT PERIOD 10 SECONDS. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

SATURDAY NIGHT
SOUTH SOUTHEAST WINDS 6 TO 9 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

SUNDAY
NORTHWEST WINDS 9 TO 12 KNOTS BECOMING NORTH 14 TO 17 KNOTS IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET BUILDING TO 3 TO 5 FEET IN THE AFTERNOON. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS...THEN CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON

Hey, that's great. Same as around here. The forecast is for the temp to get up to around 31 by Tuesday and some of the ice might be off by then so the water temp should be around 33 or 34 degrees. Can't wait.

Hey, that's great. Same as around here. The forecast is for the temp to get up to around 31 by Tuesday and some of the ice might be off by then so the water temp should be around 33 or 34 degrees. Can't wait.

It's times like these that make me wonder why my family left Northern New York and came to Florida 2 generations ago.
:laughsnow:

Weather for Utica, NY

light_rain.png
36°F | °CFriSatSunMon
rain.png
light_rain.png
light_snow.png
light_snow.png
Light Rain
Wind: W at 15 mph
Humidity: 93%45°27°40°23°34°20°29°18°

Chug
Diving tomorrow in frigid 74f water.

Today Air temp 80 Water temp 75. Seas a sporty and sloppy 3-4. Wind never did come around to SW. Stayed SE at 15-18. Viz was pretty good 50-60 ft. Much better than it has been. Hope the wind lays down. Lord knows you can't count on NOAA to forecast correctly.

In Jupiter/Juno: seas were about as flat calm as they can get in the winter. 73-74 degrees on the bottom: almost no current and about 65 feet of visibility. Lots of turtles, morays, tropicals, etc. One of the divers claimed to have encountered a hammerhead and bull but I only saw nurse sharks. Great day for diving with JDC!!!!

I did three dives today.
Pompano Drop Off, then the 30'-40' reef outside the Drop Off, and the 40'-60' contour.
A bunch of shorts, bagged a few bugs, 2 Hogs, and several Lion Fish.
40'-50' viz, 74f, no current.
Great day.

Chug
Might do it again tomorrow.

We had a gorgeous dive on the Skycliffe this morning. A huge Cubera snapper, jewfish, a perfect drop, no current, good viz, 71-74 degree water, and good divers on the boat, it doesn't get much better. And oh yeah, it was sharky as all get out. Bulls, black tips, reefies. They hung around for our entire dive staying close but never displayed any aggressive behavior.

Thank you Kevin and Wil at Underwater Explorers for a great dive.

We had a gorgeous dive on the Skycliffe this morning. A huge Cubera snapper, jewfish, a perfect drop, no current, good viz, 71-74 degree water, and good divers on the boat, it doesn't get much better. And oh yeah, it was sharky as all get out. Bulls, black tips, reefies. They hung around for our entire dive staying close but never displayed any aggressive behavior.

Thank you Kevin and Wil at Underwater Explorers for a great dive.

Hi Brian,

Kev told me about your morning dive, I dived in the afternoon. It really was a nice weekend. Maybe I'll see you over President's weekend.

Good diving, Craig

Got in the water Sat & Sun. Saturday was great. Viz 70+ ft light current and flat seas. Water temp 74. Sunday wind picked up out of the north and it got a bit choppy. The overcast made for a gloomy dive, by nice none-the-less. Still can't believe I'm in 74 degree water in late Jan. Don't think I've ever bought fill cards in Jan. or Feb, but it looks like that's going to happen.

Looks like it's going to blow hard till thursday, and then nice again for the weekend.

With a mild winter shouldn't gas prices be lower?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom