The thing that has surprised me most about diving!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How much I love it.

I'm the kind of person who has temporary obsessions. I'll be absolutely stoked about something for a while and then ditch it for something else. But this has stuck.

Nauticalbutnice :fruit:

How addictive it is!!!! If I can't dive, I will check on Scubaboard two, three time a day to see who is diving and where and dream of the next dive adventure :)
Oh, and how much fun me and my kids have underwater. The mrs refused even to put her head underwater.

Phud:
What is surprising is the amount of stuff that you see if you just stay put and how little you see when you go looking. Underwater Zen.

Ditto! One of my most memorable dives was spent hovering over a coral head and just watching. I never realized what a busy place it really is.

Two things:
#1) My blood pressure drops from the upper 140s normally, to the mid 120s after a dive. I've check this several times.

#2) After I make multiple warm, clear water vacation dives in tropical resort locations, I still get all fired up about another dive in a local cold, dark lake with little to see. (And Puget Sound makes me absolutely giddy!)

pt40fathoms:
FREE if we get to demonstrate with dive partner (of opposite gender naturally)

Personally I've never had any interest in the ones who are of oposite gender artificially.

The fact it changed my life and introduced me to whole bunch of great friends, soppy but true.

This July will mark my second year of diving. Some of the things that have most surprised me about this sport are;

1. How addictive it is, as been said. If I am not diving, I'm reading about it, thinking about it or on this board talking about it!

2. How excited I get to go dive in murky cold water that has had a lot of old junk thrown in it!!

3. How totally peaceful it is.

4. How I now look at every body of water as a possible dive site and I now notice all the stupid things divers on tv do!!

Jeff

cmalinowski:
The peaceful calm that I can't seem (to) experience on land.

Indeed. It’s so nice not to have to talk to anybody and just BE.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom