The thing that has surprised me most about diving!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From personal experience:
I'm more afraid of sharks when I'm not in the water than when I'm in it.

In theory (haven't done any of this sort of diving):
Land mammals that are SO dependent on land that the require 60lbs of gear just to approach the depths that some birds can get to can actually reach a state where they have been underwater long enough that they can NO LONGER SURVIVE ON THE SURFACE. Come on, that's just weird. We're land mammals. It is ridiculous to think that with all the gear we need just to stay underwater for a few hours, transporting us instantly back to our native soil would kill us, and yet...

The thing that surprised me the most about diving was how wonderfully peaceful it is. Nothing to do but take in your surroundings, and listen to the sound of your own breathing. No phones, no one hurrying you along, just you, your buddy, and nature at it's best.

what surprised me was just how fast you can spend a whole lot of money but we all do it anyway thats great!

How calm I feel after the dive. I may arrive at the dive site after work and have a days worth of pressures built up. During and after the dive they get stowed away and no longer seem so important.

It's nice just to get together with good friends and see cool stuff together.

radinator:
What does PADI charge for that class??

$175.00 If supervision is "indirect".

$75.00 If supervision is "direct".

FREE if we get to demonstrate with dive partner (of opposite gender naturally)

The thing that surprised me most about diving is, the Titan triggerfishes are more likely to attack me than the reef sharks.

... and if the anemone clown fish are any bigger like the triggerfish's size and have sharp teeth, coral reefs are probably non-diveable :)

rotipisang:
The thing that surprised me most about diving is, the Titan triggerfishes are more likely to attack me than the reef sharks.

beware the triggerfish, dude.... beware the triggerfish

:2ar15smil

The thing that surprised me most about diving was how weightless my hubby is under water, it was so easy to move my him in front of me when that BIG barracuda was swimming straight for me...

DIVER_11:
what surprised me was just how fast you can spend a whole lot of money but we all do it anyway thats great!

My sentiments exactly. I was very surprised at how quickly I would drop enormous amount of cash for equipment. Now, a little trip to my LDS that lightens my wallet by only $100 doesn't even phase me.

And until I started diving, I didn't even like the beach! I was a ski bum. Now I have a different passion.

Scuba_Jenny:
Biggest Surprise? The rice krispies. Ya know, the sound the reef makes. Sometimes its so loud it hurts the ears! I hate diving with a hood 'cause I can't hear the rice krispies.

You're kidding? Is this true or are you pulling my flipper?

Back
Top Bottom