The thing that has surprised me most about diving!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Biggest surprise?

I could breed under water! I didn't have to hold my breath this time. I could stay down and, just stay! Holy cow what a wonderful feeling! It didn't matter one bit my lips turned numb and disappeared from my system of senses, due to watertemps at 35F... Some way to do your first OWD. But what the heck, donnit is donnit, and now I know I can!

KOMPRESSOR:
Biggest surprise?

I could breed under water!

you know, this is a family board :eyebrow:

H2Andy:
you know, this is a family board :eyebrow:

Breathe it is, he he!

But I think I can breed as well. Just haven't been in warm waters diving without a suit...

The biggest surpise for me was how durn addictive this recreational activity really is!

KOMPRESSOR:
Biggest surprise?

I could breed under water! I didn't have to hold my breath this time. I could stay down and, just stay! Holy cow what a wonderful feeling! It didn't matter one bit my lips turned numb and disappeared from my system of senses, due to watertemps at 35F... Some way to do your first OWD. But what the heck, donnit is donnit, and now I know I can!
CAN STILL BREED IN 35f WATER!!!!!!!!

KOMPRESSOR:
Biggest surprise?

I could breed under water!

What does PADI charge for that class??

The things that surpised me the most is that after all this time I still can learn something new, I am always looking forward to the next dive, and that you can truly find piece and quite under the water.

Biggest Surprise? The rice krispies. Ya know, the sound the reef makes. Sometimes its so loud it hurts the ears! I hate diving with a hood 'cause I can't hear the rice krispies.
Other surprises.
How serene it is. Sometimes diving is like a dream, I get so relaxed and into the moment I swear I have the answers to the worlds problems, but when I get out of the water, it is like waking up from sleep and the dream fades away...
Buddies. I have met some really cool people who are as nutso as me about diving. Thanks ScubaBoard! Really!

What is surprising is the amount of stuff that you see if you just stay put and how little you see when you go looking. Underwater Zen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom