The Rabbit is hitting the springs March 24-28, hop over and say "Hi!"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Called Troy Springs and they are still flooded out so Monday's dives will be at Manatee Springs in Catfish Hotel. Duckweed...yippy!

Honda with pregnant wife, got it! :D
Ber :lilbunny:

Enjoy your dives. It's now official that I'll be holding down the Vortex Spring end of things. (This is trip one of the Divemaster course duties for me. Woo-hoo!) Sadly, it's just a bit too far to get away for a peek at that legendary head gear.

I suppose I'll just have to make it up to your native waters to get some Dork Diving and learning experience in, eh? :biggrin:

I suppose I'll just have to make it up to your native waters to get some Dork Diving and learning experience in, eh? :biggrin:

I'd be happy to show you the quarry patch the water bunny calls home :D

I wish you the very best of luck in your diving there Ber! I am headed down to Florida somewhere! I want to do some offshore dives then head up to the springs to clean off and work with my reel. My LDS has a group heading down to Ginnie for OW/AOW checkouts the 29th/30th and I might be helping out with them at some point. I am sorry that I can't meet you! Next time I hope! I love your gator pic BTW! AWESOME! Anyone want to try some offshore on the 29th? Just PM me!

Carolyn:sharks:

Thanks Carolyn, have fun on your trip! If you have weather issues and can't get offshore (looks pretty good though) you're more than welcome to join us if you would like :D

I remember that! :D That was one of the first one's if I remember correctly.
We're solid in our Tuesday for Crystal River, Thursday for Devils Den and Friday at Ginnie plans, heading home on Saturday. We may end up at Manatee on Monday instead of Troy and we're planning for Alexander on Wednesday though that site could change.

As of now it looks like we will be at Devils Den Thursday. How about Paradise Springs, have you been there?

Any recommendations from the locals on Paradise Springs?

How crowded does Ginnie get on Saturdays?

Would one of the other Springs, Manatee or Alexander, or Paradise be a better Saturday dive?

Mike

As of now it looks like we will be at Devils Den Thursday.
Cool! We'll see you there!

How about Paradise Springs, have you been there?

Any recommendations from the locals on Paradise Springs?
I don't know a thing about Paradise Springs

How crowded does Ginnie get on Saturdays?
I considered it crowded on the Fridays we were there the last couple years, I can't even IMAGINE a Saturday.

Would one of the other Springs, Manatee or Alexander, or Paradise be a better Saturday dive?

Mike

You just figured out why we travel on the weekend and dive during the week :D

Paradise is a unique dive. It's a complete overhead cavern that is open to OW divers. You will need lights. It's on private property and it sneaks up on you, the mailbox has a dive flag but it is small. I loved that dive and would love to do it again. Max depth to the reaper is 100'. There is a cave system past that to about 150'. The couple that own it are really nice and if I recall, it is $35. There are lots of fossils and I did a few dives down there to check everything out. It has no flow, so stay off the bottom, vis can go down quickly. I would call ahead and see how busy it's been. Lots of divers will muck it up quick!

Thanks again for the invite Ber! Where is your dive destination for Friday the 28th?

WVMike, I would like to dive Paradise if that is what you decide to do. No matter what, I will be leaving out of Savannah early Friday for somewhere near central/southern Florida!

You just figured out why we travel on the weekend and dive during the week :D

Yep, that is good planning, will remember that for next year, or next trip. That week is Spring Break here as well. Did you ever get any interest in Summersville Lake?

Thanks again for the invite Ber! Where is your dive destination for Friday the 28th?

We're going to be at Ginnie on the 28th. I have friends who live one mile from there and we are staying with them. We'll go to their house for dinner then come back for a night dive :D

Yep, that is good planning, will remember that for next year, or next trip. That week is Spring Break here as well. Did you ever get any interest in Summersville Lake?

So far no interest, I'm having enough trouble getting people to go locally right now :(

Maybe one of these days! Would love to get to Bonne Terre as well but it just hasn't happened.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom