The official "Dry your boots and gloves" thread !!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your stuff dries out?

My eldest daughter's ex-boyfriend (now there's a relationship for you) was a ski instructor and gave me one of those boot/glove dryers that the ski area was replacing during renovations. The only problem was that no one had a key for it so I had to drill the lock out before it filled up with quarters.

Stuff them with scrunched-up newspaper, soaks up the water. Remove damp paper next morning, repeat. Dry in two days max.

es601:
Insta-dry............Nuff said
Yup. On a warm day, even my boots are dry before my surface interval ends.

In the winter they're bone dry after hanging out in the shower overnight.

Hmmm... I rarely give my gloves or booties a chance to dry out. However, the humidity here is low enough that they usually do if I'm out of the water more than a day.

In Summer, putting the boots and gloves (and 7mm wetsuit for that matter) out in the sun for the day normally does the trick. In winter the boots go in front of the fire and the gloves on the clothes horse near the fire too. If I'm diving the next day, the wetsuit goes into the bathroom with a small heater turned on full bore. I've been known to warp a few bathroom doors with this method but at least the suit is dry (and warm!). I'm much rather have a warped bathroom door than try to put on a wet wetsuit.

Mel.b

TSandM:
Your stuff dries out?
LOL , i dont think my gear ever had enough time to dry when i lived in Okinawa .

TSandM:
Your stuff dries out?
Only during the winter when the river is frozen, except for a week or so for a southern vacation.

I stuff mine in front of a floor-fan for a couple of days. The booties dry just fine but I have to turn my 5 mil gloves a couple of times to keep the mildew out. As for turning the gloves, I use a hemostat (many hardware stores have them, these days) to pull the fingers completely backwards.

Works like a charm!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom