The official "Dry your boots and gloves" thread !!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I cut a couple of short pieces of PVC pipe that I shove in the ankles to keep 'em open. Then leave 'em lying in the garage 'til next use.

I use the dryer rack method. I haven't found another way to get my boots dry in less than a few days. The dedicated dryer does look nice.

do it easy:
I think Ken's method gets better results, but mine is much cheaper. :D
Oh, you'd be surprised at how cheap this thing is....

The moment I get home and start cleaning the gear (read: my dunk tank and rack) the gloves go on the Peet. They get stored there until my next dive. Never crunchy, never stinky. I love the thing.

I don't have boots attached to my suit - its a tri-lam with soft footies - so I just turn the thing inside out and it dries in about an hour.

I made a Dalton Dryer and used it for awhile, but with a tri-lam and soft feet, I just don't need it. So I sold it off.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
B000087QPO.01-A2B2TXVNKFJH7I._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V63389713_.jpg

The Peet Glove Dryer - best $30 I've ever spent on Scuba Maintenance. Drys my Gloves in a few hours, keeps the funky dry-glove smell out... love it.

---
Ken

Me se like dis!

can you take out the glove attachement and put boots on?

Where To Buy?

Hang in the garage for a day or two.

I use the Seirus Boot Toaster ($27) on my 7mm gloves and booties after letting them drip dry. The device was originally purchased for drying my ski boots, but dries the gloves and booties overnight. There are boot blowers on the market that dry booties/gloves faster, but they cost a lot more.

MasterGoa:
Me se like dis!

can you take out the glove attachement and put boots on?

Where To Buy?

Put "Peet Boot Dryer" into Google, and go price hunting. They're all over. Even on eBay. The are sold as a "boot dryer" - you buy the Glove thingy, and you just switch. They pop on and off. They also have extension tubes available so you can essentially hang your suit from it by the footies.

There is no fan in here - just a small heating element.

They rock.

---
Ken

back patio , the vegas heat REALLY dries them quick

Back
Top Bottom