the great zeagle giveaway

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fairbanksdiver:
Bah, sure is a lot of fuss over a contest that you probably won't win anyway Clive.

Kinda funny... because on any other online site I've ever visisted, there's always a clear link to the rules for the contest... just like the entry page for this one. First line of those rules read that only US and Canadian citizens are eligible to enter. I mean heck, when you clicked the enter button, did you notice this directly above it?

"Please read carefully. By clicking the "Enter the Contest" button below, you accept and agree to abide by the Sweepstakes Rules, Terms of Service and Privacy Policy."

It's no one's fault but your own that you didn't read the rules before you entered.

Mellow out.

-B.

that maybe so, but when the first part says it is open to everyone, members and non members that is an all ecompassing statement and you don't expect that statement then to be completely narrowed down just to north america.

these two statement are contradicting each other

this is the point that i have been trying to get across but no one seems to see but for a few.

rather than say open to all, it should have been reworded to say ONLY open to US and CA citizens.

like i said i can see no reason, why everyone else can't be entered, if you pay delivery costs and any import duty (shouldn't be any as it was a prize) there is no problem.

at dubai airport you can enter draw to win a sports car, they send it anywhere in the world and there is no duty to pay as it is a prize.............. so what is the problem over a BCD when they can do it with a £150,000 car?

Perhaps we should just cancel the contest, since some people are unhappy.

We can run another in a few months, once the bugs are all worked out...

Should we do a poll to decide???

Scott

Scott, to paraphrase and old saying, "You can please some of the people all of the time, and you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time."

Stay the course.

The Kraken:
Scott, to paraphrase and old saying, "You can please some of the people all of the time, and you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time."

Stay the course.
Agreed. IMO, clive simply misunderstood what was said and still refuses to understand it, even though the text is plainly obvious. He read something that isn't there.

Continue with the contest, it's a good idea.

Let it run! Almost all the non US/Canada divers are very understanding about not being able to enter, so why let a squeeky wheel ruin a good thing?

If you get it all worked out, maybe have a NON US/Canada contest later? It would be interesting to compare the results of the survey between the North American divers vs. the rest of the world.

Jeff

ScottZeagle:
Perhaps we should just cancel the contest, since some people are unhappy.

We can run another in a few months, once the bugs are all worked out...

Should we do a poll to decide???

Scott
I will write you a nice thank you note. :eyebrow:

I wish the laws of the world were all uniform so we could open this up to everyone. But that is only a wish. Our goal is to include as many people as possible in each and every promotion but because every country and often every state differs ion their regulations we can not simply include the entire world. In the future I imagine we will run promotions that include more countries and hopefully that includes yours. However, for today we can't. My apologies if you are excluded or if you feel the verbage about the contest is misleading in any way. Our intention was to offer something for free to our users but not everyone can be pleased by everything. I have no intention of canceling anything, Zeagle was kind enough to sponsor this event and while not everyone is happy, we are talking about a free giveaway which thousands of people have already entered. Your comments help us plan for the futures so by all means, speak your mind if you feel the need to do so.

jonnythan:
Agreed. IMO, clive simply misunderstood what was said and still refuses to understand it, even though the text is plainly obvious. He read something that isn't there.

Continue with the contest, it's a good idea.

jonnythan, it is not a case of refusing to understand it, it is a case of misleading or contradicting statements and i quote "Entering is quick, easy and painless and best of all you have nothing to loose and a BCD to win! ****Both members and non-members of ScubaBoard are welcomed to come participate this in contest!****".

now read the bit between the stars!

then in the small print that is on a linked page it says on US and CA, you would not normally expect to see this after the first one that says open to all.

if i and others hadn't said anything, then you guys would have happily gone on running comps for US and CA citizens and not the rest of us.

share and share alike

clive francis:
jonnythan, it is not a case of refusing to understand it, it is a case of misleading or contradicting statements and i quote "Entering is quick, easy and painless and best of all you have nothing to loose and a BCD to win! ****Both members and non-members of ScubaBoard are welcomed to come participate this in contest!****".

now read the bit between the stars!

then in the small print that is on a linked page it says on US and CA, you would not normally expect to see this after the first one that says open to all.

if i and others hadn't said anything, then you guys would have happily gone on running comps for US and CA citizens and not the rest of us.

share and share alike
I read the print between the stars, and understood it the first time I read it, as well as every subsequent time I've read it.

It says you're welcome to participate, it does not say you're eligible to win.

Back
Top Bottom