the great zeagle giveaway

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its a contest, participate or don't. Nothing to get all worked up about. Go diving and relax.

jonnythan:
I read the print between the stars, and understood it the first time I read it, as well as every subsequent time I've read it.

It says you're welcome to participate, it does not say you're eligible to win.

what about the bit before that or do you not want to acknowledge that bit because it proves what i have been saying all along?

members and non members.

this statement implies open to everyone regardles of where you hapen to be, not just a small part of the world (north america) ;-)

i never said i was eligible, i said i was not being given the chance to win even though i am a member.

The contest advertisement says what Clive has been saying, that members or non members can participate. It does not, however, say that ALL members and non members can participate. Whatever "implied" meaning Clive wants to use goes out the window once the rules have been read in their entirety.

Clive's argument is akin to signing a contract based on your reading of the first line.

I'm maintaining what I said before. Clive didn't read the rules all the way, and is now arguing semantics to cover his ignorance.

This argument needs to end. Both Zeagle and the Moderators don't deserve this backlash for attempting to do something positive for the board.

Not everyone is eligible this time. Big deal. They're working out the kinks, and you'll have another chance.

-B.

fairbanksdiver:
I'm maintaining what I said before. Clive didn't read the rules all the way, and is now arguing semantics to cover his ignorance.

what is it you guys say.......... yeah what ever.

its not ignorance, it is a sweeping statement at the begining that you would not expect to be narrowed down from the world to just north america, this is the point i am trying to make and no one but a few have seen.

if it was worded right in the first place this thread would not have been posted, simple as that!

so stop blaming me for pointing out a shortfall that i was not responsible for

For God's sake, please just let it go.

Kinda funny how one guy that didn't follow the Sweepstakes Rules is doing all the griping, isn't it? He know's he's wrong, but he keeps going back and arguing the same moot point, just to keep from admitting he's wrong. Where I'm from, we call this circular reasoning, because it's just like a dog chasing his tail. It keeps going round and round, and never makes any sense....

Thanks Scott, for sponsoring the contest, I love your products, and thanks NetDoc for running it. Don't let a few whiners spoil a good thing, you ARE appreciated...

I have seen small print and such in practically every competition, purchase or transaction of any kind that i have accomplished in my 27 years on this planet - the small print on this is not so small, directly linked and quite short and to the point, its not hard to follow either. Now you can choose to read or not read it, but if you dont read it, it gives you no ground to complain about it simple as that. :wink: I think i shall go and gripe as i didnt go to a red brick uni and didnt get to become prime minister either - that just isnt fair! :wink:

Clive
Please give it a break. I'm even in the worse than you situation - can't buy in most of the internet shops that are US based because Poland is not covered by the paypal and they don't accept mine credit cards.
Why instead of whinning we ask some of the European porducers such as ie Mares, Apeks or others to have similar contest for European members of SB
:D
Mania

clive has just made an :censored: (by mania) of himself. Clive, its not our fault that you are british. :censored: (by mania) calm down ol' chap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom