Votes: 2 3.8%
  • baby shampoo

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • other

Votes: 16 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I have posted this about 4 times now, But Johnsons baby shampoo, applied just like anti Fog has worked for me for a long time without fail.
Dave

I found baby shampoo makes a smeary film that washes off ass soon as the inside of the mask is rinsed. The shaving cream didn't look like it caused distortions and reportedly is stable even after being steamed for 4 weeks.

Jo

My personnal favorite was closeup toothpaste. It has a nice smell and helped prevent cavities in my mask.

I stopped using it when I arrived at my divesite one time and found almost all my gear coated with red gel. Now I just spit.:boom:

Vote for the no tears shampoo......half shampoo and half water mixture works great...smells good....and a little squirt before each dive and youre good.
no experience with film coating.....or rinsing....and since i have a full beard and stach....EVERY mask i try leaks water in....so it would have washed off the mixture...but no prob yet

One less thing to worry about in OH....who cares if your mask is foggy, you can't see out of it anyway?

Any soap will work. It works best if you don't mix it with water. Apply the soap (toothpaste, baby shampoo, shaving cream {what's shaving cream?}, dish soap) to a dry mask. Leave it in overnight. Rinse it just before entering the water.

Walter once bubbled...
{what's shaving cream?}

It's that stuff they make clown pies out of

Back
Top Bottom