Votes: 2 3.8%
  • baby shampoo

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • other

Votes: 16 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"What's wrong with spit?"

Two things - it's only marginally effective and the bacteria in your mouth can cause nasty eye infections.

I too use 500psi and it works great for me. I may have to try the baby shampoo idea though.

both 500 psi and baby shampoo work great i agree with walter, had a student get a bad eye infection from using spit, although i have to agree it does work good.

Originally posted by Dee
50/50 J&J Baby Shampoo and water

I've also heard of 50-50 JBS and alcohol. Never tried it and it sounds tough on the eyes.

The best commercial defog I've found is Sea Drops.

Tom

Has anyone tried RainX? Sounds odd, and probably would be bad for the eyes? Just a thought... I think they make a wipe on anti-fog product for the inside of windows.

I'll be using J&J+50% water until I find something better though. It's cheap and effective! Smells nice too, :D

Originally posted by Walter
"What's wrong with spit?"

Two things - it's only marginally effective and the bacteria in your mouth can cause nasty eye infections.
Walter my understanding is that you won't get infections from your own spit.

Good, now there's a medically sound reason to ask people not to spit in my mask.. whew! I hate it when that happens...

Originally posted by Uncle Pug

Walter my understanding is that you won't get infections from your own spit.
Yeah, I would guess it would be a pretty remote chance of occurring but I suppose it could happen. Heck, I've actually put one of my contact lenses in my mouth to re-wet it once while out hiking when I got dirt in my eye. I then put it back in my eye and never got an infection. Maybe I had clean spit that day. LOL:eek:ut:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom