Votes: 2 3.8%
  • baby shampoo

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • other

Votes: 16 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

50/50 J&J Baby Shampoo and water

100% baby shampoo. Let it dry for a bit. No rinsing.

Johnson's baby shampoo, small amount, rinse well. The best solution? Don't breath through your nose while diving

Tom
:eek:ut:

100% no tears baby shampoo. apply a small amount to a dry mask, smear around, let dry and rinse before use. An old Visine eye drop bottle makes a great applicator.

I take the easy way, 500 PSI. Works great but probably more expensive than the above solutions.

Chad

START with a CLEAN mask. Get out the Crest (or other non-abrasive toothpaste) and scrup the inside of your mask with your fingers or a soft wash cloth. Do it a couple of times!!! This is contraindicated with some masks by the manufacturer (like the Sea Vision Mask) so read the directions. AFTER you get it clean, you will find that most of the remedies stated above will work FAR BETTER. After I get mine clean though, I like to use "Absolutely Clear" which is a paste that you apply, let dry and then buff out. Works great for me AND my students.

Back
Top Bottom