THE GREAT DRYSUIT FIN THREAD - seperate boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey - and I thought I was the only bigfoot around.. I have a terrible time getting my size 15 feet out of the Turtle Fins after a dive - any suggestions for lubing them up or whatever?

CRDiver:
Drysuit boot type: DUI RockBoots
Boot size: 15 US
Fin model #1: Pro Force Fin, size XXXL w/bungie heel straps
Fin model #2: IDI Turtle Fins w/standard heel straps

Being a size 15, I'm pretty limited in my options. The Turtle Fins, believe it or not, are a tad small - my boot can't quite reach the end of the foot pocket, but they're still usable. I'm told the new XXL ScubaPro Jet Fins have a slightly larger foot pocket than the Turtles. Mostly I'm using the Pro Force Fins because of the better fit. They take awhile to get use to, but once you have the trick down, they aren't bad.

6Gill:
Suit DUI CF 200 (Wool socks inside)
Size 14 DUI Rock Boots
Turtle XXlarge fins w/Springs
Are the fins secure when diving? Have you ever had to "push" and did the fins and springs remain stable? Just a question from a long time XL jetfin diver thinking about switching

Springs tend to keep the fins nicely secure - in some ways better than the rubber straps imo.

btw - I know it's been awhile since you all posted, but you size 15 guys ... why are you in Turtles? XXL Jets are so much larger in the foot pocket ...

Here's what I see a lot of people doing in San Diego (don't know whose idea it was but it seems like a good one to me)

IMG_0804.jpg

Yes, that is a pair of converse all-stars he is wearing, and no he hasn't forgotten to change his shoes!

Peter

6Gill:
Size 14 DUI Rock Boots
What type of fins do you use,please?
Doha Diva

kidspot:
Springs tend to keep the fins nicely secure - in some ways better than the rubber straps imo.

btw - I know it's been awhile since you all posted, but you size 15 guys ... why are you in Turtles? XXL Jets are so much larger in the foot pocket ...
A personal question ... what size boot are you, please? :confused:
My hubby is a US14 and with his new rock boots is (like other Big Footers) rather limited in choice. We live in Bakersfield (dang!) so we are also rather limited in retail opportunities and often rely on the net.
Which brand of turtles / jets are you comparing and is it from personal experience?

Originally Posted by 6Gill
Size 14 DUI Rock Boots
What type of fins do you use,please?
Doha Diva

Turtles - made by IDI or XSscuba (depending on who owns the company now ... can't remember) they only come in one size - XXL for size 12-14 US shoe approx.

Doha Diva:
A personal question ... what size boot are you, please? :confused:
My hubby is a US14 and with his new rock boots is (like other Big Footers) rather limited in choice. We live in Bakersfield (dang!) so we are also rather limited in retail opportunities and often rely on the net.
Which brand of turtles / jets are you comparing and is it from personal experience?

I wear a size 13 lug sole boot - XXL Jets will work for US shoe sizes 12-17 depending on the boot used.

if it helps check out http://www.kidspot.org/personal/scuba I have a chart of different size/brand boots with ScubaPro Jets and Turtle fin sizes.

Aloha, Tim

Here's another data point:

Drysuit: DUI CF200
Socks: DUI 400g thinsulate booties
Street shoe size: US 12
Rockboots size: US 14
Fins: Turtles. Great fit. Rockboot fits in the footpocket all the way with no sloppiness.
Spring straps: Manta size large.

-John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom