THE GREAT DRYSUIT FIN THREAD - seperate boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drysuit boot type: Viking
Boot size: 12 US
Fins: Mares (different ones) XL
Spring strap: Manta on one pair, and factory ABS on others

I like the design and quality of construction for the Manta spring straps, but they appear to be rough on the attacment posts. The posts are really getting scarred from the Manta plate design. It appears as though it is self limiting, and will eventually stabilize. Only time will tell...

I've never really had a problem with the Mares factory straps other than a few instances where one side came open. Mine are the older versions without the locking tab. If I purchase another pair of the spring variety, they will most likely be Boogie's design. I believe that the shackle will be less damaging to the posts.

Greg

Drysuit boot type: DUI Rock Boots
Boot size (specify US/UK):US 8
Fin model: Scubapro Jet Fins
Fin size: XL
Spring strap brand (if used):Halcyon
Spring strap size (if used): 12"

Drysuit Boot: DUI Rock Boots - Size 12
Fin Model: Jet Fins - Size XXL
Spring Strap: Custom made

I thought the Jets were going to be way too big and sloppy when I first saw them, but I used a shorter spring than normal and it took in all the slop and they fit perfect now...SC

Drysuit boot type: DUI RockBoots
Boot size: 15 US
Fin model #1: Pro Force Fin, size XXXL w/bungie heel straps
Fin model #2: IDI Turtle Fins w/standard heel straps

Being a size 15, I'm pretty limited in my options. The Turtle Fins, believe it or not, are a tad small - my boot can't quite reach the end of the foot pocket, but they're still usable. I'm told the new XXL ScubaPro Jet Fins have a slightly larger foot pocket than the Turtles. Mostly I'm using the Pro Force Fins because of the better fit. They take awhile to get use to, but once you have the trick down, they aren't bad.

Hello fellow board members,
I'm new and I was wondering what fins go with a size 13.5 trek boot. Any splits? Mares volo? Jet fins?

Drysuit boot type: Bare Trek Boots
Boot size (specify US/UK):US 8
Fin model: Mares Avanti Quattros
Fin size: XL
Spring strap brand (if used):N/A
Spring strap size (if used): 12"

Dry suit boot type: DUI Rock Boots
Boot size: 10 US
Fin model: Scubapro Jetfins
Fin size: XXL
Spring straps: Halcyon
Spring strap size: Large

The fins are pretty huge, but the big boot pockets make it real easy to put the fins on.

Okay, how in the world do you put a size 10 rockboot in an XL jet. I can't get a size 9 rockboot in one. Had to get turtles for diving dry.

Jason

Drysuit boot type: DUI Rock Boot
Boot size (specify US/UK): 15 US
Fin model: Turtle
Fin size: n/a
Spring strap brand (if used): Halcyon
Spring strap size (if used): large?

Back
Top Bottom