The great Creation VS Evolution Poll

Creation or Evolution

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I fail to see any contradiction between the existence of a Creator and the mechanism of evolution.

Warthaug:
I question the validity of this poll, for the following four reasons:

1) Who can compete with Tim Tam's? Especially when combined with coffee to form a Tim Tam Slam! (and I wonder why I'm gaining weight :shakehead )

Hmmm <strokes beard> i don't think anything can compete with Tim Tams...except maybe ANZAC buiscuts...but they have no chocolate in or on them so maybe not....

Warthaug:
2) It is unfair to force one to choose between diving and Tim Tam's.
Ahhh. But see in my wisdom <strokes beard> I made the poll multichoice so you don't have to choose...you can have them all!!!! <strokes beard while softly crooning muuuaaahhaahaa>

Warthaug:
3) Having Tim Tams and coffee before/after diving is not an option (and yet the most obvious resolution to problem #2, not to mention an all-around great idea).
Says who <strokes beard>

Warthaug:
4) I also question the validity of the math - at the time I entered the poll the results were:

I believe in Evolution......................50.00%
I believe in Creation........................9.09%
I believe in Creation AND Evolution....9.09%
I wanna Tim Tam..........................27.27%
Bah!! Lets go diving......................40.91%

Now I'm not a mathematician, or even particularly good at counting (or spelling, or grammar, or staying on topic), but according to my trusty abacus that all adds upto 136.36%.

Bryan
Mate I leave the maths to the experts. Ask lamont...he will know...he seems to have a passion for maths

I don't know if you can edit your poll, but are we talking macro or micro evolution? Not to be nit picky or anything, but macro evolution says that my future wife could technically give birth to a penguin one day, and micro evolution says that if all the finches in my yard eat one type of food, then more of them with one type of beak will survive so that beak type will be more prominent inthe gene pool. To be more technical about it, macro evolution states that new species outside of the gene pool could be created and micro states that one type of gene could be more prominent within the existing gene pool.

I'ms ure all of that has been covered inthe evolution vs. creationism thread so I don't want to start a discussion about it here, I just want to know if the ambiguious word "evolution" in the poll is talking about micro or macro. I'd also like to know what the heck a tim tam is. In the words of Shakespeare, "What the goodyear, my lord?" :)

Based on any replies, I'd vote for creationism, creationism with microevolution (becuase I can see examples of that there's no way to refute it :) ) or timtams :wink: And personally I'm tired of arguing about it so I might rather just go diving. It'd be a tough choice though, I have a hard time stopping a debate, regardless of whether it's worthwile or not (I've wasted hours of my life on debates with idiots. The debates with smart people weren't wasted time :) )

Oh, Tim Tams!

As in "I'd like a bag of Tim Tam Balls, please!"

They sure as hell look delicious, mmmmmmmm.

JahJahwarrior:
I don't know if you can edit your poll, but are we talking macro or micro evolution? Not to be nit picky or anything.
ahhh.....whatever you like mate. Lets just say evolution covers both macro and micro but not a harley.
JahJahwarrior:
I'd also like to know what the heck a tim tam is.
See post 8 or 13 and they were Created for sure :D

Alright, all you people trying to actually talk about evolution... get over to the other thread, dern it!

Btw, JahJah... no human women will be birthing penguins. You're having a misunderstanding about micro and macro evolution.

Rachel

P.S. Tim Tams and Diving for me, kthxbye

BWHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you guys are so funny!!!!! Tim Tams after diving is a staple food - we aussies and kiwis are keeping it a secret to only very special SB'ers :D

by the way Azza - its Pharlaps birthday! i'll make a swap, you can have Russell Crowe back and we keep the dead horse, he's much more loved that the acting dude

opps sorry - back on topic........ i love the math, can yoiu come over as were in the middle of audits down here and you could explain alot

ok

what the fuq is a MOF and a NMOF?

plz

drbill:
I fail to see any contradiction between the existence of a Creator and the mechanism of evolution.

Ditto; they are not mutually exclusive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom