The great big, all-inclusive Leisure Pro note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's not about waiting until the last minute; it's about two orders made & two orders screwed up.

Placing a two day order a week ahead of time is last minute?

I will never understand why ANYONE would buy from LeisurePro. ScubaToys.com, Scuba.com and other will match LP prices and you get a MANUFACTURERS Warranty.

bottom line yes a week ahead is last minute.
First you must realize they receive probably thousands of order a day.
Bottom line it usually take few days to process your order, regardless of what they told you to process your order , and they only ship certain days .
if you need it fast recommend going to your dive shop or order at least two weeks ahead of time.

outlawaggie:
I will never understand why ANYONE would buy from LeisurePro. ScubaToys.com, Scuba.com and other will match LP prices and you get a MANUFACTURERS Warranty.

Because there are brands which LP can offer online at good prices that others can not because they are "authorized dealers" subject to mfgr rules. Only thing I don't understand is why LP will not offer regulator service parts. Maybe all is not as it appears! Also, mfgr warranties, IMHO, often cost you more than they are worth. As I see it, they work a lot like free drugs. It creates a dependency that you just keep paying for.

Outlawaggie wrote:

"I will never understand why ANYONE would buy from LeisurePro. ScubaToys.com, Scuba.com and other will match LP prices and you get a MANUFACTURERS Warranty."

Because LP carries some stuff that Scubatoys doesn't.

medic13:
bottom line yes a week ahead is last minute.
First you must realize they receive probably thousands of order a day.
Bottom line it usually take few days to process your order, regardless of what they told you to process your order , and they only ship certain days .
if you need it fast recommend going to your dive shop or order at least two weeks ahead of time.

It's obvious my point was lost on some! The business did not perform what they advertise as policy on two consecutive occasions, that is the problem. It doesn't matter if you think it's last minute or not!!!

RDP:
Just a little vent and helpful tip for those looking to buy equipment online. I was seduced by the online prices of equipment from that all to famous online diving supplier. I placed an order followed their policy & paid for expidited shipping only to receive the order the day after the holiday weekend I needed it. The problem was explained away as a mistake with a, "Sorry". (add cost of rental equipment) :icorolley

Aright mistakes happen, so I placed another order a week prior to my upcoming vacation, followed up & followed up. After being told twice that my shipment had gone out, today, I was told that it hadn't gone out yet. Not only that, but if I wanted it before my vacation, I would have to pay an additional $75.00. The situation was excused it the comment, "Things Happen". So much for the bargain prices. I'm sticking with my LDS from now on. I may not get the online prices, but I can at least look at the person I am dealing with. :bash:

Still won't help - I've been waiting over 2 months for a reel and some drygloves from an LDS. I wouldn't nit-pick over a day or two.

RDP:
It's obvious my point was lost on some! The business did not perform what they advertise as policy on two consecutive occasions, that is the problem. It doesn't matter if you think it's last minute or not!!!

I don't think your point was missed by anybody, they just aren't the ones in your situation. At the time of reading this whine, 117 people have viewed it, and only 7 responded, maybe they just don't care.

RDP:
The business did not perform what they advertise as policy on two consecutive occasions, that is the problem.

How so? I don't see a written processing time representation anywhere on their site -- do you mean they shipped by ground when you had paid for air?

outlawaggie:

Because
  • there are things those other retailers don't carry
  • LP has a wider selection (subtly different -- this one is about being a one-stop shop)
  • price-match policies are inconvenient
  • LP has a very good website
and, number one with a bullet
  • it's "secret".

Yes, its a fairly open secret, but how would the average Joe surfing to either of those other websites, know that if he were willing to not place his order now, not receive email confirmation of his order when he does place it, go to a different website and pick out everything he wants, and then call and hope he talks to a knowledgeable person who will take 10 minutes to take his order, he can get the same price he can get right now with a few clicks? For the benefit of a "warranty" of fairly hypothetical value?

I generally find it more convenient to take my couple of minutes at 2:37 in the monring and click through my order, confident that I'll get exactly what I contracted for.

This isn't a ScubaToys slam -- I've done business with ScubaToys, with LP, and with my local LDS. In the future, I'll happily do business with ScubaToys and with LP. Larry's a great guy -- good articles, good staff, etc. etc. However, I do dislike the secret-handshake stuff, and I do think there is another side to the argument -- it's not just "anyone who orders from LP is stupid."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom