The First Stage position of B2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

timz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi atomic aquatics and everyone with experience.

I own a set of Atomic Aquatics B2 regulator set. Currently set up with the first stage LP hose above the yoke when installed on a tank.

At this position, it kind of hit my head sometimes. But it alloys the ports to turn freely when my head turns.

Someone suggested to me to set the first stage with the LP below thr yoke. Which will avoid head hitting on the first stage. But when I tried installing it that way, the wing of my BC presses the hoses when fully inflated. Maybe it's not a problem while diving, but when i inflate the BC on the surface, the air goes to the top and presses the hoses.

I know different people will have different opinion on this. But i wanna know what are your set up on this amd the problem you face.

Those regulators are very similar to the Scubapro MK25's. The turret can be up or down. There are HP ports on both sides. I prefer the turret to be pointing down. 1. it protects the 1st stage by being lower in profile & 2. I am less likely to bang my head on the turret. Some like the turret pointing up. They feel it allows for greater freedom of movement of the head by not limiting the hoses with the shoulders. In a nutshell,... neither way is incorrect.

Those regulators are very similar to the Scubapro MK25's. The turret can be up or down. There are HP ports on both sides. I prefer the turret to be pointing down. 1. it protects the 1st stage by being lower in profile & 2. I am less likely to bang my head on the turret. Some like the turret pointing up. They feel it allows for greater freedom of movement of the head by not limiting the hoses with the shoulders. In a nutshell,... neither way is incorrect.
Thanks. Mind explaining more on the point 1??

better option is to have it sticking out sideways. Secondary on the bottom port going straight out towards your right shoulder, HP hose going straight down, and the primary and inflator on the turret. Looks exactly like the left post of a GUE doubles set up, with the obvious difference of the primary being on the turret as well. Doesn't work well

I have the turret facing down, smaller profile from the top and no problems accessing the ports all around. Don't have issues with any of the hoses in this orientation at all.

better option is to have it sticking out sideways. Secondary on the bottom port going straight out towards your right shoulder, HP hose going straight down, and the primary and inflator on the turret. Looks exactly like the left post of a GUE doubles set up, with the obvious difference of the primary being on the turret as well. Doesn't work well
Thanks tbone1004, never have I thought of positioning it sideway.

So, basically. Turret pointing right.

Octo comes from bottom under my armpit.

Primary 2nd stage comes from the turret top port

Hp comes from port facing down

And BC inflator comes from port facing up.

Sounds like an idea. Will try it put when I have the chance.
I have the turret facing down, smaller profile from the top and no problems accessing the ports all around. Don't have issues with any of the hoses in this orientation at all.
Thanks for the input.

not quite. the octo comes out of the bottom port on a short hose ~20", the primary comes up under your armpit either on a 36-40" hose with an angle adapter, or a 5-7' hose hog looped. BC inflator comes down next to it. Watch the video below, skip to 2 minutes and watch the guys hose setup.

[video=youtube;2OrTXi-hjv4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OrTXi-hjv4[/video]

not quite. the octo comes out of the bottom port on a short hose ~20", the primary comes up under your armpit either on a 36-40" hose with an angle adapter, or a 5-7' hose hog looped. BC inflator comes down next to it. Watch the video below, skip to 2 minutes and watch the guys hose setup.

[video=youtube;2OrTXi-hjv4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OrTXi-hjv4[/video]

But I am using the "Share Octo" configuration.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom