How to fix a TFX 2nd-stage that keeps leaking slowly whenever it is purged?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interested to hear about the solution for this as I was eyeing that regulator for myself. Everything I have read thus far has been pretty positive (initial reviews) so it would be disappointing if this was a design flaw in such a premium product.
The TFX is indeed an amazing apparatus! I used it in my recent trip to Moalboal and I was filming a big school of sardine from beneath (I was pretty much lying on my back). For a continuous 90 seconds, the regulator stays dry, there is no noticeable increase in breathing effort - the 1st time ever experience for me.

The TFX is indeed an amazing apparatus!... (I was pretty much lying on my back). For a continuous 90 seconds, the regulator stays dry, there is no noticeable increase in breathing effort - the 1st time ever experience for me.
An incredible design, indeed! Water usually enters a reg at the fluttering upper edge of the exhalation valve. Where a standard reg guides those droplets right down your throat, the TFX allows them to accumulate in the bottom of the reg where they are blown out with the next breath.
Screenshot_20240313_195448.jpg

It is only if you were to arch your back and look over your head while on your back that it would breathe misty.

My favorite regulator of all time!

An incredible design, indeed! Water usually enters a reg at the fluttering upper edge of the exhalation valve. Where a standard reg guides those droplets right down your throat, the TFX allows them to accumulate in the bottom of the reg where they are blown out with the next breath.
View attachment 831664
It is only if you were to arch your back and look over your head while on your back that it would breathe misty.

My favorite regulator of all time!
Ah... no wonder, I was playing with the TFX at different body position and I did notice that there was some (very few indeed) water getting into the mouth when I was doing backward somersault.....

Can you get the reg to lock in flow by taking an abnormally quick/deep breath? careful!
Can you unlock the flow by blocking the mouthpiece and exhaust ports?
When you say leak: freeflow? moderate? just a little?
If you have the diaphragm off, will depressing the lever instigate the leak?
Does whacking it work?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom