The FBI List

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EBdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
One of my dive buddies told me that if you dive with a rebreather you'll be on the FBI list. Is there any truth to this? He said that rebreathers are for military use only -- for like, espionage and spy games of some sort. :confused:

Jackanory, jackanory. May have been true 20 years ago but currently they are only interested in rebreathers with zero electrical/magnetic signature

Makes you laugh that a country may be paranoid about divers but consider it perfectly acceptable for most of its inhabitants to run around with semi automatic weapons

Whoops, an Anglocism there. Jackanory is a TV program in England where childrens stories are read

Yep, but most of the other agencies refused. and as PADI doesn't do rebreather training its not relevent to the topic

By the way the government probably has you on hundreds of its databases already

Driving license owners
Gun owners
Dog owners (dont know if that holds for US)
National Park permit holders
Marriage license

etc, etc, etc

Inspiration is cleared for US import and hundreds go through US customs each month with no problems

I've heard the problem with the buddy inspiration is that there's no product liability on it.

Master chief

There certainly is in the UK, but the US has extremely poor consumer protection laws compared to the UK

If you bought in the UK and personally imported you would have full UK protection ("Sale of goods act", "Fitness for a purpose", "Duty of care" etc) as it would be a UK contract sale

"Makes you laugh that a country may be paranoid about divers but consider it perfectly acceptable for most of its inhabitants to run around with semi automatic weapons"

Thanks Madmole. I now have coffee all over my computer screen . . .

madmole once bubbled...
Makes you laugh that a country may be paranoid about divers but consider it perfectly acceptable for most of its inhabitants to run around with semi automatic weapons
Still sore about us whipping your butts (bums?) a couple hundred years ago? :)

Roak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom