The FBI List

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

budgy once bubbled...
Not so much sorry you kicked our butts just sorry you didn't kick us hard enough to make us a republic
A Constitutional Republic is even better!

You get 10 points for the Republic comment. Embarrassingly, most Americans think the US is a Democracy. :(

Roak

Ps. Best definition of a Democracy I’ve ever heard is:

A Democracy is two wolves and sheep voting on what to have for dinner.

I’ve heard this attributed to Churchill, but don’t know for sure.

The full quote is:

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
Benjamin Franklin

Hi Madmole,
Ensuring that the British tradition of brewing fine real ale is maintained is solumn matter that requires much personal sacrifice and dedication and if you will buy the next round you may join my cultural society for its appreciation.
Here's a salute for balding, big bellied, beer drinking, British divers. May they find their favourite ale, mild or bitter, dark or light, a joy to behold with a taste to delight.
:D

madmole once bubbled...
At least we got to keep the decent beer:D

Them's fightin' words! I have yet to find a country with beer selections and styles superior that that of the american microbreweries.

And I have also found that both europe and america alike are overrun with drinkers that think Hopped Flavored Drink is 'good beer'. I couldn't believe the number of Irish in Dublin I witnessed ordering Budweiser... it was absolutely discusting.

However... I welcome the fight. Our best vs. your best....

At least we got to keep the decent beer

Ah, then you must have never had Pearl in a can... :wink:

eck, I just got queasy typing that...

After the North American Beer Festival, all the brewery presidents decided to go out for a beer.

The guy from Budweiser says, "I'd like the best beer in the world, give me 'The King Of Beers', a Budweiser. " The bartender gives him one.

The guy from Coors says, "I'd like the only beer made with Rocky Mountain spring water, give me a Coors. " He gets it.

The guy from Corona sits down and says, "Hey Senor, I would like the world's best beer, a Corona." The bartender dusts off a bottle from the shelf and gives it to him.

The guy from Molson sits down and says, "Give me a Coke. "
The bartender is a little taken aback, but gives him what he ordered. The other brewery presidents look over at him and ask, "Why aren't you drinking a Molson's? "

The Molson president replies, "Well, I figured if you guys aren't drinking beer, neither would I.

Marc :jester:

In the US, we're not a democracy, we're more like an anarcho-syndicalist commune. Politicians take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week. But all the decision of that officer have to be ratified at a special biweekly meeting. By a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs, but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more complex matters.....Oh, I should just shutup and repress myself.

My favorite quote though, of which stupid airport searches remind me is:

"Anyone willing to give up essential liberty for a little peace and security is worthy of neither"

-Benjamin Franklin

Back
Top Bottom