Question Bailout gas configs for tech/deep chestmount rebreathers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has someone seen a cylinder o-ring fail with loss of gas? Honest question.
Yes. I just had this happened to me in May. The whole manifold was rebuild in July, 2023 using Dive Rite’s manifold service kit. The other tank neck o ring shows signs of intruding as well.
IMG_5075.jpeg

Me too, but a plan for a higher SAC for bailout.
If only they were on scubaboard we could sort it all out

The cylinder neck o-ring? I guess that is technically true.

Has someone seen a cylinder o-ring fail with loss of gas? Honest question. Had that cylinder been inspected and received a fresh o-ring within the past couple of years? Some trimix bailout cylinders are "permanent" and never serviced for up to decades. So yeah your comment does matter here.

The H valves I think have two o-rings at the joint? Just like manifolds? I mean it literally is exactly like a manifold, and serves the similar purpose of protecting against gas loss due to regulator failure. Plus regulator redundancy.

A friend of mine who works for a well known dive gear manufacturer told me he's seen two in the last month, but hadn't seen them fail in a long time. I chalk it up to the heat and crappy green o-rings.

Back
Top Bottom