The Fabulous Underwater Adventures of KCH and MDB: Morrison Springs July 23, 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My head is stuffy too. If somebody is still whining I'll go to Morrison with you on Sunday and he can stay home :evil:

I think my new motto will be:
"Less whining more camping & diving!"

ScubaKris:
I'm the silt master. If you see someone fanning the basin of the springs looking for items,...or if you see someone with the clam shovel at the bottom of Morrison digging, THATS ME! Ping Pong paddles work great, then i'm the one with the mop trying to get lobsters out of the hole, thye tangle real good

I lost the screw assembly that screws the strobe into my camera housing at Morrison in the basin (to the left of the cave entrance if looking at the spring from shore.)

let me know if you find it. heh :D

Big tents are also good for other things. Like camping at 800 feet on the Kaibab plateu to hunt muler deer for a week. You need something big enough for hunters, gear, clothes & such. Might as well be comfy.

I have 2 tents now. My 8 man Cabela's Alskan Guide tent, served us excellently in the Arizona high country for hunting, and a 2 man backpacking tent that weighs less than 5 lbs & rolls up to an 18x5 inch bundle. That one made a Grand Canyon rim to river hike.

I had another large tent that i bought cheap. It's purpose was to be the cook tent in the mountains, as it's not a good idea to keep food in your sleeping tent, or cook in it, in bear country. So we'd set up an extra tent & put the coolers, stoves & grub boxes in it. Not much need for that around here, so I sold it to a friend to use for family camping.

no :28: I can snorkel whenever I am allowed to have the truck or when PHD is solo diving :28: Essentially I can snorkel even with whining. I like to actually dive with Ms. KCH, we still have to explore down the run since The Social Chairman (as he will now be called) insists the fish are better down there.

Doesn't work so favorably for the men though!

philmottrek99and02:
That is WAAAYYYY over the edge and WAAAYYYY too much Iinformation!

So we can count you in for next Sunday then?

There are ladies reading this thread.

MysteryDiveBuddy:
...we still have to explore down the run since The Social Chairman (as he will now be called) insists the fish are better down there.

Don't take my word for it, ask SeaYoda, Paulwall, baydiver20(Valerie), the people from last years Vortoberfest that dove the run, the GAian divers that came down and dove the run with us, ect :D

Although, when you go, ya might not see anything. Those loud fins(neon yellow?!), the silty kicks, and constant bickering are enough to scare the most stonefaced of beasties away! :light:

I tried to go down the run today but turned back - it was 1' for a good stretch after the basin. I was tired of dragging the pony through the muck :D. I'll be posting a report and pics later tonight, I had some interaction with some local Springangia (indigenous personnel) that was more interesting but not more fun than the dive.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom