The Fabulous Underwater Adventures of KCH and MDB: Morrison Springs July 23, 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn:
People who knock splits, either haven't tried em, or haven't figured out how to use them effeciently(there is a technique to any kind of diving).

My trim is fine.

I don't kick up the bottom.

I challenge you to photograph me otherwise :wink:

I use splits and love em.

:D

MysteryDiveBuddy:
Oh first the Snorkel Inquisition makes me a Snorkel Martyr and now the Split Fin Squadron thinks that they ought to haze the second least experienced diver around instead of being helpful and nurtering?
:hmmm:
(I am sure this has nothing to do with me constantly nagging somebody about his trim, his choice of fins, and kicking up silt because of the stupid kicking technique one must employ with such archane devices...oh and referring to him as the Monster from the Blue Hole of Death in public)

Next time the Split Fin Squadron kicks up a little silt they had better hope and pray to the SCUBA gods that I am not holding a camera. I hate diving with a camera but I may just have to do it in self defense because this is obviously a cruel and underhanded smear campaign. Besides what did my snorkel ever do to any of you? My snorkel has never made any of you late for a dive, kicked up any silt, or ruined any of your pics because I don't even wear the dumb thing when I use SCUBA(refer to photos by Bill and Moster from the Blue Hole of Death)! If I am snorkelling I am less likely to panic underwater and drown my buddy and I am not blowing noisy bubbles to scare the fish. I have snorkelled places none of you will ever dive. I have climbed down nearly sheer cliffs to snorkel and I have snorkelled with brook trout big enough to tear off a human leg! You all are obviously intimidated by my snorkel and you're jealous that I can swim like a squid. I think I should start wearing two snorkels, one on either side of my head a la El Diablo. On top of all that the next person who complains about my snorkel will be my new target: everytime I see you fixing to take a picture I will hold my breath and buzz you so all underwater shots you take in open water will be of me sticking out my tongue, me making a rude gesture, my backside, or my lovely paddle fins!
Wow, somebody calm her down QUICK before she crashes and we have to intubate her with a snorkel!

I'm the silt master. If you see someone fanning the basin of the springs looking for items,...or if you see someone with the clam shovel at the bottom of Morrison digging, THATS ME! Ping Pong paddles work great, then i'm the one with the mop trying to get lobsters out of the hole, thye tangle real good

I'm a squid, I move by jet propulsion and that is an ink cloud for self defense to get away from The Monster from the Blue Hole of Death :28: Now if I can just get the color changing thing down....

Diving Sunday anybody?

Snorkel = EVIL !!!!

Da Beano

P.S. You can certainly snorkel where I can't dive , but I can dive where you can't snorkel , so there :D

I don't wanna snorkel in no stinking cave :28:

I liked that All Girls Spring Dive idea, shall we work on that? I ain't going in the caves but I love the springs here so far.

:rolleyes:
:1poke:
Diving Sunday? At least dive with PHD so I can snorkel :devil:
The Pier? Morrison?

I'm camping up back bay(Perdido Bay) on a beach called Hatchet Point Saturday night after festivities at Pirates Cove(burgers here inspired the Jimmy Buffet song, cheeseburger in paradise). Couple birthdays to celebrate and we won't be road worthy, so off to the nearest camp friendly beach on the boats(Miss Jellyfish is part of several 'fleets', not just the spring fleet of 'doom'!).

I won't be good for anything Sunday morning, care to drive to AL for a dive in the afternoon? Surf has been a bit high lately and SW winds have brough quite a bit of baywater to most of my sites. Low visibility, rough conditions, sounds fun eh? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom