The Fabulous Underwater Adventures of KCH and MDB: Morrison Springs July 23, 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

photohikedive:
or MDB

Mud Disturbing Beech

Makes Dirty Behind

Murky Down Below

cmon guys, make your own!

Might Be Dumping?

Mysterious Dirt Bloom?

Mega Dive Blunder?

Makes Day Better? (I don't know the offending party, this is a conciliatory gesture).

USCG flyer:
Don't make me bring tools SBM...

Quite a bit different than our current endeavor. You'll have to dive Morrison with me next time I go.

The cave opening is already inside a cavern, so working in an overhead environment. No idea how stable the cave would be since its been blown. Not the greatest idea at this point, unfortunately. The cave is supposed to be quite large and I'm not sure if it was ever completely explored. It sucks that its not an option for cavers now.

Still, its a friggin awesome cavern, you gotta see it.

Ah, I'm sure they're fun :D I wouldn't want to be responsible for the entire cavern being closed off though :p

Whatcha doing tomorrow afternoon? If conditions are acceptable, wanna do some work?

Oh first the Snorkel Inquisition makes me a Snorkel Martyr and now the Split Fin Squadron thinks that they ought to haze the second least experienced diver around instead of being helpful and nurtering?
:hmmm:
(I am sure this has nothing to do with me constantly nagging somebody about his trim, his choice of fins, and kicking up silt because of the stupid kicking technique one must employ with such archane devices...oh and referring to him as the Monster from the Blue Hole of Death in public)

Next time the Split Fin Squadron kicks up a little silt they had better hope and pray to the SCUBA gods that I am not holding a camera. I hate diving with a camera but I may just have to do it in self defense because this is obviously a cruel and underhanded smear campaign. Besides what did my snorkel ever do to any of you? My snorkel has never made any of you late for a dive, kicked up any silt, or ruined any of your pics because I don't even wear the dumb thing when I use SCUBA(refer to photos by Bill and Moster from the Blue Hole of Death)! If I am snorkelling I am less likely to panic underwater and drown my buddy and I am not blowing noisy bubbles to scare the fish. I have snorkelled places none of you will ever dive. I have climbed down nearly sheer cliffs to snorkel and I have snorkelled with brook trout big enough to tear off a human leg! You all are obviously intimidated by my snorkel and you're jealous that I can swim like a squid. I think I should start wearing two snorkels, one on either side of my head a la El Diablo. On top of all that the next person who complains about my snorkel will be my new target: everytime I see you fixing to take a picture I will hold my breath and buzz you so all underwater shots you take in open water will be of me sticking out my tongue, me making a rude gesture, my backside, or my lovely paddle fins!

MysteryDiveBuddy:
Oh first the Snorkel Inquisition makes me a Snorkel Martyr and now the Split Fin Squadron thinks that they blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

uh huh, uh huh, yeah, ok, hmmm, right, and?

MysteryDiveBuddy:
(I am sure this has nothing to do with me constantly nagging somebody about his trim, his choice of fins, and kicking up silt because of the stupid kicking technique one must employ with such archane devices...oh and referring to him as the Monster from the Blue Hole of Death in public)

You can be trimmed up and use an effective modified frogkick with splitfins. Technique is the same with the frogkick as it is with jets/rockets/turtles. If you're accustomed to scissor or basic flutter kicks, a splitfin user will want to implement a slightly modified kick to get maximum effeciency from the fin. People who knock splits, either haven't tried em, or haven't figured out how to use them effeciently(there is a technique to any kind of diving).

My trim is fine.

I don't kick up the bottom.

I challenge you to photograph me otherwise :wink:

I use splits and love em.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom