the DIR moniker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank God I no longer have the energy or time to participate in these discussions and can revel in the fact were almost all are heading I have already been and in the end I'm just a diver.

Thank God I no longer have the energy or time to participate in these discussions and can revel in the fact were almost all are heading I have already been and in the end I'm just a diver.

So you knew it all along, that is so awesome :D

I think she's just trying to get out of the spotlight... Don't forget about the hitler video :D

Which unfortunately is off of youtube :(. The world will never again know the humor...:(

Peace,
Greg

Which unfortunately is off of youtube :(. The world will never again know the humor...:(

Peace,
Greg

Oh, I don't know . . . "It wasn't me, it was that weird doctor lady! She descended on her back!":D

Guy "My girlfriend gave me those split fins . . . I HAD to wear them!" Alcala

Yeah ... I'm pretty sure whoever wrote that was a member of ScubaBoard.

BTW - I had a chance to look at a new Halcyon rig yesterday. Now I understand why they took the DIR tag off their product ... because they're not DIR anymore.

Lots of padding on the rig now ... including shoulder pads. And some nice plastic bits with rollers on the backplate to make adjusting the harness a breeze.

Actually, I like what they've done ... but it's hardly the "minimalist" approach that DIR promotes. I think they're trying to appeal to the ScubaPro crowd ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Yeah ... I'm pretty sure whoever wrote that was a member of ScubaBoard.

BTW - I had a chance to look at a new Halcyon rig yesterday. Now I understand why they took the DIR tag off their product ... because they're not DIR anymore.

Lots of padding on the rig now ... including shoulder pads. And some nice plastic bits with rollers on the backplate to make adjusting the harness a breeze.

Actually, I like what they've done ... but it's hardly the "minimalist" approach that DIR promotes. I think they're trying to appeal to the ScubaPro crowd ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

It's all easy to remove with the H knife!

Just for accuracy of information; the padding is not integral to the system and the "Cinch" can be purchased without it for $99 (IMO a very reasonable price considering a standard harness pack runs $450 -50). The plastic is a solid (very solid) plate bolted to the backplate, and it has no moving parts. Also, the 1-piece webbing is still threaded so that in case the plastic Cinch plate fails the whole rig remains intact.

It's all easy to remove with the H knife!

Now that's funny right there :D

Henrik

Just for accuracy of information

Accuracy has never stood in the way of a good story. Why start now!?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom