The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a South Florida boy divorced from a South Florida girl. :rofl2:

I'm a New York city boy separated from a Key West Conch. LOL.

Ok, one more from the other day - another octopus. Watch how his head (and tentacles) change texture as he moves across the weedy ocean floor!

YouTube - Octopus at BHB2.mov

I really need to stop thinking about BHB and focus on my job. But all I really want to is dive!

I really need to stop thinking about BHB and focus on my job. But all I really want to is dive!
Are we seeing the beginnings of pointy ears on you? :rofl3:

sbtrollII.png

Video Dude and I spent a nice 2+ hours under the bridge this morning. Water temp 77 - a little chilly for my 3mm plus 3mm vest. Could have used the 5. Viz about average except for the rotor tillers - WtH? There should be a buoyancy test before you can do the skinny swim through ... of course I also think there should be a test before you're allowed to use the self check-out lane at the grocery store.

Lots and lots (and lots) of octopi everywhere. People tonight: pay attention. You'll stop to take a picture of one and be on top of another!

View attachment 93871

I was looking for a still-elusive frog fish when Video Dude swam over. He gave me the "little" sign, followed by "shark." I'm thinking: "Little shark??? A baby nurse hiding between the pilings?!?" And he points to a hole in the rubbly bottom. Suddenly a sailfin blenny pops up. Oh! THAT "shark." Those little buggers are f-a-s-t. Hopefully VD got some good video.

Puff update: someone will get lucky very soon and witness another seahorse birth. He was not moving much at all today. I think too pregnant to do much of anything except just hang on. Here are close ups of his belly (zoomed way in so sorry blurry):

View attachment 93872 View attachment 93873 May 1
April 11

Wow, that is one of the best octo pics I have seen in a long time. It's simply superb!

Did the bridge this morning. What a nice rainy day. :shakehead:

Visibility was about 10', water temp was 79*, and I lost count on the number of octopi. Some of them were posing and doing gymnastics. Camera is soaking, pics to follow in a bit.

Great 120 minute dive today. Warmish water and so-so viz...but the seahorses and octopi were everywhere.
Good to see lots of friends today, and meet a couple of new ones.
I took this picture of a rather odd looking queen conch and a buddy close by...

Wasn't the rain great? Loved the hissing! BTW still haven't seen any frog fish this spring. I know they are there. I think everyone warns them I'm on my way and they hide.

Attachments

• Blue Heron Bridge Octo Conck.jpg
    Blue Heron Bridge Octo Conck.jpg
    411 KB · Views: 56
  • Blue Heron Bridge Baby.jpg
    Blue Heron Bridge Baby.jpg
    410.9 KB · Views: 50
Great 120 minute dive today. Warmish water and so-so viz...but the seahorses and octopi were everywhere.
Good to see lots of friends today, and meet a couple of new ones.
I took this picture of a rather odd looking queen conch and a buddy close by...

Wasn't the rain great? Loved the hissing! BTW still haven't seen any frog fish this spring. I know they are there. I think everyone warns them I'm on my way and they hide.

I always enjoy the rain while diving.

That's why the froggie I found today was asking me if I had seen you........

Are we seeing the beginnings of pointy ears on you? :rofl3:

I've been sipping from my troll mug for quite some time ... but my "BHB addiction" seems to be getting worse.

I ordered an external strobe today.

So what about us SoFL girls?!? Chopped liver? :wink:

Just finished working on this. The whole time I was watching him I kept thinking "That's one tough little cookie of a fish" so I thought the music choice apropos. Enjoy!

YouTube - Yellowhead Jawfish

I *did* enjoy, very much. You seem to have developed a special relationship with that guy. Great video.

Kevin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom