The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there still a barbecue /cookout/party planned for this sunday the 19th at BHB?

If we are going to have something going on, I was going to suggest the dive Shop Pura Vida ( a few hundred yards north on the Island) should bring a Tooka unit to the bridge ...and take your Non-Diving friends or family on some underwater experiences at the BHB ( for free--demo). This is something they wil be doing for the Hilton on Singer Island, on weekdays ( NOT on the weekends) ... see Brownie's Tooka Diving Gallery for a better idea of what I am talking about....

Dan,

The event is ON--hi-tide on Sunday the 19th is about 11:30am. There is a thread under Trips and Local Marketplace--Florida. Also check out the Venice Beach thing--shark teeth, etc. Just go back to the topic headers and scroll up a little. It is part of Florida Conch Divers...................

Dan,

The event is ON--hi-tide on Sunday the 19th is about 11:30am. There is a thread under Trips and Local Marketplace--Florida. Also check out the Venice Beach thing--shark teeth, etc. Just go back to the topic headers and scroll up a little. It is part of Florida Conch Divers...................
Thanks, I'll make a post about this there. :)

We went today--mostly excellent viz, temp 80F. There were 5 divers total when we got in. As we got out I saw a class well down toward the east site. The sign on the beach is still saying closed to divers, but the one in the water was gone today on the south side--I'm told the one on the north side is still there. I'm also told that as soon as guardrails are up on the bridge, it will reopen! YEAH!!

Good news/bad news, Jim. I'm already overwhelmed with how much there is to see. How can I possibly ever cover everything once they reopen the east span?!?

I may just have to take early retirement so I can dive every day.

Good news/bad news, Jim. I'm already overwhelmed with how much there is to see. How can I possibly ever cover everything once they reopen the east span?!?

I may just have to take early retirement so I can dive every day.
Just think of how empty the west span will be when they open the east span :)

Remember, it's going to take a little while for the east span to recover... But, that is where most of the nudibranch, jawfish, sailfin blenny, southern ray, eagle ray, etc. shots were taken before the span was closed :)

finally getting to dive the bridge again after a year! here are some shots from yesterdays dive. i'll be a day behind on all these posts

Downy Blenny with his seaweed blenny pillow

Summer Flounder. has quite the teeth

Common Lionfish...

Barbfish

Decorator Crab

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom