The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So *that's* what it's called. Those pics look *very* familiar. I'm guessing that there's something about a night dive that makes that spot more accessible and less dangerous?? You must now spill it, Jim. :D

Kevin

No this is a different sponge garden from another dimension....you know I'd never be close to the boat channel

Submitted this to Nudipixel today

Attachments

• 11-04-09-gold-fringednudibranch-cerberillasp7-07.jpg
    11-04-09-gold-fringednudibranch-cerberillasp7-07.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 245
I guided a dive this morning for some friends of a friend. I was hoping to show them a seahorse (no luck), a frogfish (no luck) but we did see tons of octopi, sailfin blennies, eels, rays, lots of other cool critters and the southern stargazer. They are from Louisiana and this is their first week of diving in the Atlantic. So everything they see is wonderful and amazing - even sea stars. When we surfaced I said "I bet you never thought you'd say ho-hum just another octopus!" They were thrilled.

But what the heck? Puff's house is trashed. Pink's house is trashed. The stargazer had so much paparazzi I'm sure it was freaked out its little fishy mind.

Trying to upload my first pic....and not a very good one at that. Hope this is good enough for confirmation though. I think my mystery critter last night at BHB was a Long Bristiled Eunice (Humann's book has one that looks like what I saw). Has anyone else seen one of these at BHB?

Yes, I know about the pic quality. It's a camera setting issue and I'm working on it.
I was searching back for something and ran across this post

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fl...g-sagas-blue-heron-bridge-76.html#post5847159

From the picture you have here it is possible to determine this is a Long Brisile Eunice. The banded tentacles give that away. Now the question is "What the heck is it doing out in daylight?"

From the background here, it appears to be in the same location where I found one last year (In May 2010).

thing1005314.jpg

thing1005319.jpg

thing1005315.jpg

thing1005317.jpg

thing1005318.jpg

thing1005311.jpg

The stargazer had so much paparazzi I'm sure it was freaked out its little fishy mind.

Nice dive today, viz 25ft or so. Lots of divers, a prelude to Sunday maybe. Nice to see Jet after the dive. See you there Sunday, Divedivadm wants to get there early--maybe by 9am. And, after all; she IS the Diva!!:wink:

Divedivadm wants to get there early--maybe by 9am. And, after all; she IS the Diva!!:wink:

Or as Tall Guy says: "What baby wants baby gets."

It was nice to see DD and JimW at the bridge today...great viz at least 25-30 and nice temp too.

Saw a tiny spotted snake eel, but no frog fish or seahorses...think jet scared them away...sigh. :D
Hope someone can identify the yellow topped critter I took a picture of....

Blue Heron Bridge 0ctopus in spong.jpg Blue Heron Bridge Swimming MorayJPG.jpg Blue Heron Bridge Joanie.jpg Blue Heron Bridge Spikey Octopus.jpg Blue Heron Bridge Spotted Snake Eel.jpg

BTW Jet didn't do the naughty today...she was a very good girl :crafty:

Never let it be said that SJ can't take a hint.....

notice the nice trim on this diver( who shall remain nameless) :D

Blue Heron Bridge Searcher.jpg

Last edited:
Jim thank you for posting photos of me (I think?). It could just be my computer here at work but for some reason the photo is really really HUGE.

p.s. It looks like I carry my camera strapped to my tank. Pretty handy, huh? :)

Jim thank you for posting photos of me (I think?). It could just be my computer here at work but for some reason the photo is really really HUGE.

p.s. It looks like I carry my camera strapped to my tank. Pretty handy, huh? :)
Yeah, but my favorite part is that you have a true slave strobe that flashed when the picture was taken :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom