The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,
Anybody know what this critter might be? I was looking through my night dive photos of the bridge and don't know what it is. Sorry, no head shot.

Thanks!
Lindy

Attachments

• idneeded.jpg
    idneeded.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 97
Haven't been hooked or caught in any fishing line, but having trouble figuring out how badly I'd need a knife or scissors. This is the biggest weight I've seen to date down there. :D But, now that I think a little more about it, I reckon if it got wrapped around my legs or arms, it could probably get to be right aggravating. Haven't had to cut that stupid rope leading to my flag, yet. . .

Kevin

A buddy and I were diving two years ago and a fisherman cast right in front of us and our flag and began to reel the line back in. The line got loosely caught in my buddies 1st stage regulator and tank valve: the fisherman kept reeling in, I was afraid the hook would sink into my buddies face or arm: had to snip the line.......

As a reminder....A good way to avoid getting hooked is to surface briefly before you swim through areas commonly fished. i.e. fishing pier, wall on west side of the park, main bridge supports, etc.

This is standard practice for us. If someone is fishing in a certain area, we give them plenty of room.

Haven't been wearin' my Bike ID but from now on I will. Those solo divers that are not wearin' ID check it out.
Road ID® IDs: the Wrist ID Sport, the Wrist ID Elite, the Shoe ID, the FIXX ID

I'm thinkin that they'd figger out who the body was based on towing my minivan from the parking lot. :D

Besides having a whistle and safety sausage, about the only other thing I learnt in my solo certification course (so's I could solo on liveaboards - nobody wants to buddy with a photographer) was to have an alternate air source. Had always carried a "Spare Air", anyway, but now have a pony. I would note that it helps if one remembers to open the valve on the pony. :D

Kevin

I'm thinkin that they'd figger out who the body was based on towing my minivan from the parking lot. :D

Besides having a whistle and safety sausage, about the only other thing I learnt in my solo certification course (so's I could solo on liveaboards - nobody wants to buddy with a photographer) was to have an alternate air source. Had always carried a "Spare Air", anyway, but now have a pony. I would note that it helps if one remembers to open the valve on the pony. :D

Kevin

Spare Air, when running out of air once just isn't enough. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom