The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving today delayed for my group by an hour waiting out the thunderstorm. We dove the west side for a change of pace. We had a good time until we got out & found my friends car had been broken into. Not a good thing. So FYI leave in your car as little as possible. Both friends cell phones gone but luckily my car was okay & I had one

I am sorry to hear that. Is this a common occurrence there?

Did you guys alert anybody at the sheriff station right there at the park?

The surrounding neighborhood crawls with Ghouls and Goblins not to mention the sunken eyed Zombies walking around with that eerie spaced out look on their face.

Once they start getting their $10.00 fix out of vehicles with those little stickers on them they will come back like a rabid dog and tell their friends.

Hide your valuables OUT OF SIGHT, LOCK your doors. Do not lay anything down unattended. IF this area begins to be a real problem start diving in buddy systems just like boat diving two down / two up. If one person keeps an eye peeled with a cell phone who will sign a sworn statement the Ghouls, Zombies, and Goblins will get locked up for Loitering and Prowling and stop coming here.

In answer to all the questions about the breakin-Yes the police were notified as 1 diver the driver (a new friend no one you know yet, Scott) got out before us. The rear passenger window was broken & 2 beach bags lying on the floor in the back were stolen & they opened the center console. All the doors were locked & left locked! The police dusted the door but prints were smudged. We were parked in front of the playground. the officer said it doesn't happen often
I haven't posted as I am having major problems with my computer not letting me see the updated posts This is the 1st time I've seen all posts between mine & Erics. (At least I think I am seeing all the posts)

WOW Manatees still at the bridge! Yesterday viz was awful & Lureen & I didn't get in until right at slack tide. Managed to see a few nudis, yellowhead jawfish, 2 striated frogfish next to each other with the current nearly blowing them over octos & a lone seahorse

So Sorry to hear about the break-in. We will be more careful and will NOT bring pocketbooks, etc from now on. Thanks for letting us know.

Hey Cool Tech,
Great selection of nudibranchs there!
The purple and white nudi with the orange cheecks appears to be "Cratena cf. peregrina" Page 258, Caribbean Sea Slugs.
And your video could be "Mating" I'll try to get that confirmed.
Keep up the great finds and photos.....

Great pics, looking forward to seeing the aqualife later this week.
Night diving? They allow night diving again at Blue Heron Bridge?
We are heading out this weekend for LBTS. We were at the OKC Community Center pool last night trying out Richard's newer camera setup and working out the bugs.
He may not come up for air again after seeing this thread!

Great pics, looking forward to seeing the aqualife later this week.
Night diving? They allow night diving again at Blue Heron Bridge?
We are heading out this weekend for LBTS. We were at the OKC Community Center pool last night trying out Richard's newer camera setup and working out the bugs.
He may not come up for air again after seeing this thread!

The short answer on night diving is no. Not if you are diving from the park.

Ah, I have some pictures from Friday and Saturday at BHB. I believe I can safely say that I like my dual strobe setup, after testing it out at BHB

Just wait until I get that +10 diopter (Bwaaaa, haaa, haaa, haaa!)

Friday
crab0906181.jpg

fireworm0906183.jpg

nudibranch0906184.jpg

nudibranch0906183.jpg

frogfish0906181.jpg

frogfish0906185.jpg

bandedcoralshrimp0906181.jpg

arrowcrab0906181.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back