The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Jenny,

The grocery carts are out off the bow of the floater, Sumar. A 30 foot swim to the south southwest is the mirror wreck.

Is that one of the "upside down reef" boats, as Hermit Crab calls them. One of them that has so much stuff on the bottom of the hull it's practically a reef?

Darn thing about your directions is we still haven't found the boat with the mirror. This is like a treasure hunt! LOL

Gibby, might see ya then. Cool beans!
There is a white jug tied to the wreck. It is in the area of the "Boondoggle" boat that is usually moored to one side or the other of the wreck

Is that one of the "upside down reef" boats, as Hermit Crab calls them. One of them that has so much stuff on the bottom of the hull it's practically a reef?

Yep, it's one of the boats that looks like it could go, but there is substantial growth on the bottom. A couple of days ago it had some small lobsters buried on the underside of the hull above us.........the boat's moniker Sumar is on the stern.

Great! I saw D2Diver this morning and she has clarified what has been posted. We will look for the shopping carts. And be wearing neoprene. Ocean 78° this morning.:cold:

78? That's getting pretty cold...sigh, I know I'm a wuss, that's almost cold enough to put me in a drysuit!

It's days like this that I wish I ate more donuts. Need more bioprene.

And when I'm 75 and round, I'm going to find that post to prove to my kids I used to be skinny enough that I had to run around in the shower to get wet. :)

a few interesting things I've seen at the bridge lately

shrimp thing.......
shrimp_caterpillar_like_bhb_oct_15_2010.JPG

I realize there is a lot of back splatter in this picture, but I thought it was interesting given the two sharptailed eels haning out together
sharptail_eels_6_bhb_sept_11_2010.JPG

spreading its 'wings'
flying_gurnard_at_bhb_oct_3_2010.JPG

immature batfish
batfish_bhb_oct_15_2010.JPG

blenny in the bicycle handlebar near one of the west span pilings
blenny_in_handlebar_bhb_sept_16_2010.JPG

flounder
flounder_bhb_sept_16_2010.JPG

up close and personal...
moray_spotted_bhb_sept_16_2010.JPG

That "shrimp thing" is a Mantis Shrimp out of it's hole. Nice find and nice pictures.

Yep. Agree with Dennis. Nice pics.

Good dive today at the bridge. We found the shopping carts! Thanks everybody for your help.. now a rant..

To the photographers who also were at the shopping cart. Though we were there first, and there is plenty of room to share, we decided to swim away and let somebody else have fun. When we came back 15 min. later I was shocked to see one of you laying across the carts. Was that shot that important that you had to do that? What happened to being sensitive to the reef and its inhabitants? Then when you left you left us in a sandstorm. Vis dropped to zero.. Thank you. Oh, and thanks a lot for thinking of other divers. How would you have liked it if we treated you the same way?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom