The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep. Agree with Dennis. Nice pics.

Good dive today at the bridge. We found the shopping carts! Thanks everybody for your help.. now a rant..

To the photographers who also were at the shopping cart. Though we were there first, and there is plenty of room to share, we decided to swim away and let somebody else have fun. When we came back 15 min. later I was shocked to see one of you laying across the carts. Was that shot that important that you had to do that? What happened to being sensitive to the reef and its inhabitants? Then when you left you left us in a sandstorm. Vis dropped to zero.. Thank you. Oh, and thanks a lot for thinking of other divers. How would you have liked it if we treated you the same way?

I'm glad you found the shopping carts!!! Hopefully hermit crab got the project done - and it will be the coolest in the class.

We did end up on Sea Experience in what turned out to be more like 4-6 inches! Flat seas today, 50 ft viz. Huge nurse shark, barracuda and three goliath groupers on the wreck and usual cast of pretty fishes on the reef. Someone in my group did slay a lion fish - and I have the photo to prove it.

I'm thinking back up to the bridge next Sat if I survive the week. And then again Halloween Sunday ... maybe. I have to survive Boat Show week first. But I need a BHB fix!

To the photographers who also were at the shopping cart. Though we were there first, and there is plenty of room to share, we decided to swim away and let somebody else have fun. When we came back 15 min. later I was shocked to see one of you laying across the carts. Was that shot that important that you had to do that? What happened to being sensitive to the reef and its inhabitants? Then when you left you left us in a sandstorm. Vis dropped to zero.. Thank you. Oh, and thanks a lot for thinking of other divers. How would you have liked it if we treated you the same way?
This is a fantastic example of why I/we have been away from the bridge for so long! The past few visits have made me rethink the "hype" I give the bridge based on the callus diver treatment I have witnessed of late... I have gone to diving without letting anyone know I am diving there, and not reporting/posting pictures from dives I have made there recently...

I would usually chalk this behavior up to new divers, but recently it appears to be divers with cameras who don't give a crap about others or the environment around BHB... Which is why I have "slowed" posting in this thread :(

The really sad part was both these photographers had expensive cameras, two strobes.. etc.. They were not noobs with a PnS.

But, we miss your photography. and wish you would post again.

I'm glad you found the shopping carts!!! Hopefully hermit crab got the project done - and it will be the coolest in the class.

We did end up on Sea Experience in what turned out to be more like 4-6 inches! Flat seas today, 50 ft viz. Huge nurse shark, barracuda and three goliath groupers on the wreck and usual cast of pretty fishes on the reef. Someone in my group did slay a lion fish - and I have the photo to prove it.

I'm thinking back up to the bridge next Sat if I survive the week. And then again Halloween Sunday ... maybe. I have to survive Boat Show week first. But I need a BHB fix!

Yes, I hope she has the coolest project. But it will take more than some photos to get there. Still a lot of work on her part.

Glad you had a good dive on SE. I hear it's a great boat!

Afternoon dive at BHB today. Surprised not more people there. One could even get a decent parking space. We headed out to the shopping carts again and saw the usual critters. Then we headed east and south and west and all over the sand. Highlight of the dive was a small spotted eagle ray that kept its distance and a yellow garden eel!

Yep. Agree with Dennis. Nice pics.

Good dive today at the bridge. We found the shopping carts! Thanks everybody for your help.. now a rant..

And some pics to confirm what happened
The arrival (didn't get a shot of them tangled up in my flag)
DSC02672.jpg

And one of them laying on the shopping carts.
DSC02734.jpg

Afternoon dive at BHB today. Surprised not more people there. One could even get a decent parking space. We headed out to the shopping carts again and saw the usual critters. Then we headed east and south and west and all over the sand. Highlight of the dive was a small spotted eagle ray that kept its distance and a yellow garden eel!

It was fairly cloudy until 2:00ish...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom