The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Despite expecting less than stellar conditions, I made the drive and wasn't disappointed yesterday. Decent viz (25/30 feet) with lots to see. Lots of students, but didn't seem crowded.

Although, am starting to think I'll find a unicorn before I locate a frog fish or pretty nudi on my own. I'd trade 1000 fire worms for one of either. Any secret to locating those (not the unicorn)?
3 (three) weeks ago there was a black frog fish under the west span. Regarding the nudi if you go all the way to the wall (west span) you should find some. When looking for nudis, you need to think small 1/4", dive slow and close to the bottom. If you want to take pictures, you will need a macro lens.

We dove the bridge yesterday and returning this afternoon--viz variable 15-25 ft, water temp 80F
We had a nice dive, lots of critters from Blennys to rays. Hi tide today(Friday)is 3:22pm. We went to the Brass Ring after--they still have great burgers!!

Am thinking of hitting it tomorrow afternoon. Hermit Crab may be doing her science project about Blue Heron Bridge. She would need to pick a spot and count all the critters/life. Any suggestions on a good spot? Am thinking of either one of the pillars or one of the sunken boats.

We dove the bridge yesterday and returning this afternoon--viz variable 15-25 ft, water temp 80F
We had a nice dive, lots of critters from Blennys to rays. Hi tide today(Friday)is 3:22pm. We went to the Brass Ring after--they still have great burgers!!

Where is the Brass Ring?

I plan on diving BHB during Halloween weekend.

Am thinking of hitting it tomorrow afternoon. Hermit Crab may be doing her science project about Blue Heron Bridge. She would need to pick a spot and count all the critters/life. Any suggestions on a good spot? Am thinking of either one of the pillars or one of the sunken boats.

The upside down jumble of shopping carts might be another good option.

Pick a pillar and count what's on it or count what she sees swimming by/near it. Pictures would be good too in-case she forgets what she saw. Sounds like a good project.

The upside down jumble of shopping carts might be another good option.
You gonna be there tomorrow? Can you show us where it is?
Pick a pillar and count what's on it or count what she sees swimming by/near it. Pictures would be good too in-case she forgets what she saw. Sounds like a good project.
The original suggestion was picking a 1 meter square of the backyard. BORING.. I told her I was being completely selfish and suggest a part of reef. :D She fell for it! Whoo hoo..
....now for the tides to cooperate so we can get some dives in..

It was great to meet you guys Jim, had a great dive and a nice lunch. Funny you guys picked the Brass Ring to eat at. My instructor invited our class to lunch there after our open water check out dives almost 10 years ago. Still looks the same and the burger was huge and quite filling to say the least. Nice little jog to the memory and now I know where it is again.

Hey Guy & Dolls... Finally planning to get to FL in Nov...While we will be staying on the Gulf Coast side by Tampa'ish we would love to drive down and see the famous Bridge...Any suggestions? Be in the area on Nov 15-21.

You gonna be there tomorrow? Can you show us where it is?

Not tomorrow. I'll be on Sea Experience braving the now predicted 4-6's ... hmmm maybe I WILL be at the bridge. :)

I'm horrible with directions (more of a "Turn left at the house with the yellow dog" type gal). If you swim out to the boat that used to have the broken mirror and then head straight west you should hit the shopping carts before you get to the next overturned boat.

I can't believe I just wrote that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom