The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all - saw this diving at Blue Heron Bridge under the main span on May 22, 2010. What is that thing above the eel - a tunicate? It was about an inch around and I didn't notice it until I looked at the picture. I posted it in Name That Critter but I thought I'd post it here too. Anyone kinow what it is?

Eel14.jpg

Hi all - saw this diving at Blue Heron Bridge under the main span on May 22, 2010. What is that thing above the eel - a tunicate? It was about an inch around and I didn't notice it until I looked at the picture. I posted it in Name That Critter but I thought I'd post it here too. Anyone kinow what it is?

Eel14.jpg
Surprise! It's a baby Octopus :wink:

Beautiful photography!!!

I read somewhere that one of the spans of the bridge is closed to diving. Does anyone know when it is to re-open?

Is it really??? What part is what? What is the cylinder around the octopus?
Well, I don't have the original to get really close, but the pipe is PVC (if I am not mistaken... schdl 200), and you can make out two appendages... one spread toward the top and one spread toward the bottom

East side is closed but you can dive the west side and sand area south of the park. Cooltech's estimate on re-opening is probably accurate

So how does this effec the Scuba and/or Snorkeling?

Kind weird....I looked at Google Earth and I get the feeling it would be like diving under an interstate bridge.

Granny, it is very eerie and spooky under there and without a light, you won't see much.

Your snorkelers may enjoy the area around the sailboat anchorage, but it will be dark for them under the bridge, and they may find the traffic noises to be disconcerting.

When are you going to be here? I'm diving the bridge Friday July 2 before noon, want to join me?

To the person who decided to give my flag a new home did you really think that a weighted flag was lost? I may have traveled a bit far away following a fish than I should have maybe 20ft in the low viz but with the current an unmoving flag usually has an owner. Did you look around? I believe it was a small boat which pulled up to the southern most mid span piling that decided to "adopt" it. So now without my oversized flag with streamers I can blend in with the rest-maybe that is a plus.

A big thank you to the captain of one of the moored sailboats who offered me a replacement but I already had a backup (although not as nice) so I declined. To every cloud there is a silver lining. To the person who has my flag I offer a peaceful 5 letter word-karma.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom