The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quote [ I see a little sea snake... ]

I am not familiar with any Sea Snakes native to Florida. What species would this be or could it have been a snake eel or dwarf morey depending on it's size and coloring etc?

It sure looked like a snake: He was about the size of a pencil: maybe 7-8", very light-colored (yellow?) all one color with the typical elongated-triangle shaped head. He slithered along the ocean floor in an "S" snake pattern. Too much defined head to be a worm and not like any eel I've ever seen.

Unfortunately my camera flooded at the beginning of this dive and I was not able to take any photos. Figures. Maybe someone can help, based on my description?

Worm eel? I think I have a picture of one from BHB in my gallery...

Jet,

I was doing the same night dive as you were. Great report, you described it perfectly. I thought the conditions were amazing, especially the viz. I've never seen the water at the bridge look so clear! When we went under we descended right into a school of baitfish. It was spectacular!

Glad you had a good dive

Thanks Luke. I hope you weren't one of those fondling the critters ... if so, sorry, no offense. I'm just kinda persnickety when it comes to poking around at sea life.

Yes - great dive and I did forget to mention the baitfish. And all the lobsters!!!

Jawfish excavate burrows by mouth

jawfinal1.jpg

jawfinal4.jpg

jawfinal22.jpg

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom