The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw one of those eels under the little bridge last year and had to ask around as well--it's somewhere earlier in this thread.

tibenmiami, gorgeous shots of the jawfish---looks like you're going to give CoolTech a run for the money!
It's all good! The better quality of pictures on this thread, the more interest it inspires to keep BHB as a protected area! :wink:

Jawfish excavate burrows by mouth

jawfinal1.jpg

WOW Ben this is one of your best shots. Was this on the night dive? Love the color
You are getting some great shots-now on to the nudibranchs!
Deb

I did some research on the worm eel, once I knew what it was. Apparently some of them actually camouflage themselves to look like venomous sea snakes. So I don't feel bad that I was "fooled" into thinking it was a snake. That's what Mother Nature intended!

I did some research on the worm eel, once I knew what it was. Apparently some of them actually camouflage themselves to look like venomous sea snakes. So I don't feel bad that I was "fooled" into thinking it was a snake. That's what Mother Nature intended!
Yes, I can see where that would be a problem in the habitat of the Sea Snake: "Warm coastal waters from the Indian Ocean to the Pacific Ocean..."

Ben, your jawfish shots are breathtaking!!!

I saw one of those eels under the little bridge last year and had to ask around as well--it's somewhere earlier in this thread.

I remember that dive.. we both were wishing one of us had a camera....If I recall, it was maybe 5-6" long.. yes?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom