The Chat Thread formerly known as "Friends request?"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cockburn Sound

I had a good Aussie friend in Cebu, Philippines named Neil Cockburn. He told me he used to get a lot of comments about his name. One was a good one.
"So Neil, does it really burn"?
Neil: "I don't know mate, I never tried to light it".

Yanks can't pronounce much of anything correctly. It's funny to hear them try things like Caloosahatchee, Matlacha, Immokalee, Micanopy.

Or Kissimmee... Econolockahatchee... Ichetucknee... and pretty much any city name in Florida other than Orlando and Miami. :mooner:

To really see the tourists get confused, try explaining the difference between "Wekiwa" and "Wekiva". :rofl3:

Good to see the Auzzie crew kept the thread going all night... :grin

Yes Jim ... can you come out to play? :wink:

Got tired of all the chitchatting and didn’t read all the pages. In case someone did not actually answer the question this is, well what I dunno. Maybe just a contest thing. Silly I think.
----
Hi there. I just happened to see you’ve requested me to be your friend. Uh, not that I’m not friendly… is there a particular reason? Do I know you?
Hi,
Hope I didn't spook you or anything. Some of the screwballs in the mof thread started a contest to see how many friends they would get. I got sucked in at the moment. You don't have to if you don't want but it has been kind of fun meeting a few people I didn't know.

Not my thing but, whatevas.

So no one take it personal if I reject you, PM me if you want to contact me.
BTW, I don't feel it is mandatory to answer the phone either.:D

Got tired of all the chitchatting and didn’t read all the pages. In case someone did not actually answer the question this is, well what I dunno. Maybe just a contest thing. Silly I think.
----
Hi there. I just happened to see you’ve requested me to be your friend. Uh, not that I’m not friendly… is there a particular reason? Do I know you?
Hi,
Hope I didn't spook you or anything. Some of the screwballs in the mof thread started a contest to see how many friends they would get. I got sucked in at the moment. You don't have to if you don't want but it has been kind of fun meeting a few people I didn't know.

Not my thing but, whatevas.

So no one take it personal if I reject you, PM me if you want to contact me.
BTW, I don't feel it is mandatory to answer the phone either.:D

Hockeynut, stalker at large...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom