The Chat Thread formerly known as "Friends request?"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divergirl4U

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyboby know what is going on with all the friends request? :wink: I am getting tons of requests?

I guess you have a lot of friends. :)

Seriously, it's an extension of the Buddy List, it allows you to display a list of friends on your user profile. In order to do so, everybody you want to display there has to approve that.

It's creepy when people with whom you've never interacted send you a friend request. Are they that lonely? That pitiful?

If you want friends, talk to people, interact with them, you'll make friends. In the meantime, if we don't know each other, don't send a friend request to me. It just makes you look like a wierdo.

I sent requests to people I've dived with who live here in Florida, it will make it easy when I'm planning a local dive to PM people I actually know or have interacted with on the boards.

Another thing I did was to dig through my PM box to find users who have sent me messages in the past saying "hey next time you're beach diving, let me know" and of course I forgot about them because I hadn't met them...now they are in my list.

I have gotten requests from folks I don't know in person but when I look at their profile, I see that they are friends with other friends of mine. I suspect that they are people who I'll be meeting in the future if I go to a couple of SB events.

I could still be a weirdo anyway, though. :eyebrow:

a: Your magnetic personality
b: You're a woman
c: Computer glitch
d: see answer b

I am not weird, I just like people . . . I AM A PEOPLE PERSON, PEOPLE LIKE ME. . .

And I thought Walter didn't add me because he didn't like me . . .

I like the friends feature. Is it new though? I don't remember ever getting friend requests before the upgrade.

It's creepy when people with whom you've never interacted send you a friend request. Are they that lonely? That pitiful?

If you want friends, talk to people, interact with them, you'll make friends. In the meantime, if we don't know each other, don't send a friend request to me. It just makes you look like a wierdo.

I said basically the same thing just the other day.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/3571636-post9209.html

I like the friends feature. Is it new though? I don't remember ever getting friend requests before the upgrade.
It's a new feature in vBulletin 3.7.0.

This has happened to me also, but whatever.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom