The Chat Thread formerly known as "Friends request?"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you have been rejected :D :rofl3:
No notification whatsoever. It still says "Friendship Requested" next to your name.

Interesting....

some of the people who requested to be friends several days ago are no longer on the request form.

Does it "time out"? (meaning do I only have x amount of days to accept them?)
AFAIK, there's no time out. It may be that some of your "friends" got tired of waiting and cancelled their request.

This day is just getting too depressing. I tried to be my friend, and I got rejected. Then I figured that maybe there was something wrong with me, some reason that I rejected myself. I googled "be your own best friend" and got 14,000,000 hits.
This is going to take me a little while to wade through. Maybe I would have allowed myself to become a casual acquaintance of me and maybe work up to friends - "friend" just covers too much territory. I'd take a non-lethal bullet for a friend, so my definition probably doesn't fit the more definitive, casual use of the word.
Googling down to page 19 of the 14,000,000 Hit Parade reveals:
"Wal-Mart: The Poor Americans' Best Friend - Right Wing News ...May 7, 2008 ... Wal-Mart: The Poor Americans' Best Friend. The Left loves to attack Wal-Mart because... Fake Reasons. 1) They don't pay their employees ..."
I'd add Wal-Mart to my friend's list in a second, although if Wal-Mart ran dive boats, they'd have 1,200 people on each dive. Good thing I got my butt out of the friendship queue.
I'm thinking though, that maybe it's not me...maybe it's the me who rejected me. I'll mull this over tonight when a couple of Sailor Jerry's and mango nectar libations. Too bad there are no subways down here - subway trains are terrific places to have long, in-depth conversations with yourself. I used to see it all the time when I lived there.
And now, back to diving...

This day is just getting too depressing. I tried to be my friend, and I got rejected. Then I figured that maybe there was something wrong with me, some reason that I rejected myself.

hmmm..... have you tried the "ignore user" option on yourself yet? :rofl3:

LetterBoy:
And I thought Walter didn't add me because he didn't like me . . .

I don't like or dislike you. I don't know you.

jrock1062:
So what are you really saying Walter just let it out

OK, I'll stop beating around the bush. When you send a friend request to someone you don't know you come across as either pathetic or as a stalker, perhaps a pathetic stalker. Get a life, make real friends.

I wonder who will be the first to list one of their sock puppets as their "friend"? :rofl3:

seriously, I can see this friends thing causing problems.

example: wife is wanting to know who hubby is talking to on SB. She goes and checks out his "friends" and finds that a few of them are women. can you see the argument now? "but dear, I've never met these women before...".

I don't like or dislike you. I don't know you.

OK, I'll stop beating around the bush. When you send a friend request to someone you don't know you come across as either pathetic or as a stalker, perhaps a pathetic stalker. Get a life, make real friends.

Unless the pathetic stalker is a hot looking, nice lady who has read a lot of your well thought out, informative posts and would like to meet this hip, grumpy old diver.....

Does anyboby know what is going on with all the friends request? :wink: I am getting tons of requests?

Does looking at someone's profile mean you are asking to be their friend? I pulled up your profile the other day because you had posted "I will be diving Dania Beach Saturday and Hibiscus Ave Sunday. *** All Divers Welcome to join***" I thought I'd see who you were, etc. just in case I could find a sitter and could take you up on the diving offer. But I don't remember choosing any kind of friend category.

Guess I am one of the creepy people!:10: LOL

Sandy

Get a life, make real friends.
Then again, he may just be thinking that if he has the most friends on SB, he can win valuable prizes... :lotsalove:

I wonder who will be the first to list one of their sock puppets as their "friend"? :rofl3:
He had better hope that we don't find out. :letsparty:

seriously, I can see this friends thing causing problems.

example: wife is wanting to know who hubby is talking to on SB. She goes and checks out his "friends" and finds that a few of them are women. can you see the argument now? "but dear, I've never met these women before...".
We already had that issue without "friends" >> Member directory question.

Does looking at someone's profile mean you are asking to be their friend?
Nope, it's a separate action. You explicitly need to add them to your contact list and send a friendship request (even though it can be done on one page).

Hank49:
Unless the pathetic stalker is a hot looking, nice lady who has read a lot of your well thought out, informative posts and would like to meet this hip, grumpy old diver.....

That was a well thought out post, my friend. The thing is, it no longer applies. I've been off the market for 7 months now. I think she may just love diving even more than I do.

kjunheart:
Does looking at someone's profile mean you are asking to be their friend?

Nope. You have to do more than look at a profile. You are not creepy, my dear. BTW, I'm still waiting for you to respond to my friendship request. LOL!

Since I'm not posting on the board as much as I used to, it was great hearing from old friends, like Walter and Dee. It was kinda like getting a 'poke' on my facebook.

But, it was creepy getting requests from men I have never had any previous encounters with at all. I'm wondering how they even thought to send me a friend request.

Also, I don't like that your name comes up as the last 10 that looked at someone's profile. I wish that part could be taken off.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom